GIGABYTE AMD RADEON RX 5700 GAMING OC UNDER £300 !!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well Gigabyte wanted to slam dunk MSI and thus have done a deal on their superior gaming SKU and as a pre-order ONLY offer they shall be £299.99, once stock lands price goes up and offer pricing shall be around £320......

So don't miss out, crazy performance for the money and extremely quiet and cool:

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 Gaming OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £299.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Giga...DDR6-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-1BK-GI.html

GV-R57GAMING OC-8GD, Core Clock: 1565MHz, Boost Clock: 1750MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2304, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr War

Only £299.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Come with the FREE AMD Games too! What a deal by Gigabyte, in fact Gigabyte have nailed it on 5700, 5700 XT, 2070 and 2070 Super sales this past month! :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi Gibbo, thinking of pushing the button on this one, would a 600w power supply with a ryzen 1600 be sufficient to this?

Yeah be absolutely fine undervolt the 5700 for more performance and less power consumption and overclocked the CPU.

Soldato
Recently sent my XT Gaming OC back with extreme coil whine.

Just sitting on the Windows OS desktop produced some of the worst buzzing and whining I've ever heard.

However despite this I'm considering giving the 5700 non-XT a chance... hopefully without the whining!

Soldato
Recently sent my XT Gaming OC back with extreme coil whine.

Just sitting on the Windows OS desktop produced some of the worst buzzing and whining I've ever heard.

However despite this I'm considering giving the 5700 non-XT a chance... hopefully without the whining!

ran fur mark for 1/2 hours . normally cuts cards that have extreme coil whine due to them not being stressed long enough in factories . If you'd managed to clone the XT bios and got a non XT you'd get a nice little boost in performance

Soldato
ran fur mark for 1/2 hours . normally cuts cards that have extreme coil whine due to them not being stressed long enough in factories . If you'd managed to clone the XT bios and got a non XT you'd get a nice little boost in performance

Tired all methods to be honest and got unbearable in the end and sent it back, disappointed and now on the look out for a new deal.

Soldato
Tired all methods to be honest and got unbearable in the end and sent it back, disappointed and now on the look out for a new deal.

no @GIGA-Man is away on Holiday but pretty sure Gigabyte will rma/swap card, specially within 14 day period if the Coil Whine is BAD and OCUK confirming it (although sods law would be plugged into different board and GPU and not happen )

Soldato
no @GIGA-Man is away on Holiday but pretty sure Gigabyte will rma/swap card, specially within 14 day period if the Coil Whine is BAD and OCUK confirming it (although sods law would be plugged into different board and GPU and not happen )

OcUK confirmed it was extreme coil whine and I asked for a refund rather than exchange. Not looked into a replacement until seeing this.

Soldato
OcUK confirmed it was extreme coil whine and I asked for a refund rather than exchange. Not looked into a replacement until seeing this.

fingers cross it was a bad batch if you pull trigger on non XT Gaming . Really surprised Gigabyte didnt do Windforce version at either 2 slots or 2 fans to keep more costs down

Soldato
fingers cross it was a bad batch if you pull trigger on non XT Gaming . Really surprised Gigabyte didnt do Windforce version at either 2 slots or 2 fans to keep more costs down

Probably but it's put me off returning to a 5700 series cards after seeing reports via other communities of identical issues.

Soldato
Yeah be absolutely fine undervolt the 5700 for more performance and less power consumption and overclocked the CPU.

These do seem to undervolt very well although granted have only messed with one (MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X) but have read feedback about them from others including yourself. Undervolted to 1.075v and running at 2000MHz, now drawing about 140-150W max compared to 180-220W at stock. With a Ryzen 3700X I locked to 120W PPT, this could easily run on a 450W PSU with plenty left in the tank. No coil whine on this particular 5700 XT unit by the way.

Soldato
Gigabyte are known for bad batches of GPU's going out into the wild over the years just need to do a search in this forum to find them. 7850/7870 was one.

everyone has bad batches . easy enough to see how GPUs are produced . all companies spend about 10 mins rest testing them in a factory with ear defenders on . long as it passes the test regardless of performance they pass .Gigabyte, zotac, asus all have videos up in their history of GPU production .

Its how they deal with it is the key part, EVGA and their VRMs a few years ago is a case of very bad PR . aint seen the rep on here since

OcUK Staff
OP
Hey @Gibbo, after your advice I pushed the button on these which was due in stock 20/12/19,

Do we have an updated eta? before or after christmas?

Thanks!

Ordered a week ago with Gigabyte I know they had some troubles reaching my buy price target to make the price possible but they got there in end so stock should be on the way but my gut feeling says to expect delivery after Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom