Ryzen gaming PC for £700

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm very much out of touch with PC building and would really appreciate someone checking over the spec of the below PC which will hopefully be a good start for a budget gaming PC for my son.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £707.12 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Couple of questions:

1, I still need to source a monitor and I'm assuming that the above would not be a 4K capable rig, so any suggestion on a budget monitor?

2, Would I also need to order Artic Silver or will the CPU come with all that's required including stock cooler?

3, WIFI - what would be required to get this PC on the WIFI - would something like a TP-Link AC600 be ok?

Many thanks

Mark

Soldato
Firstly. Remove the 2600 and add the 3600 (get windows from elsewhere for sub £10)
I bought a code from eBay recently for £2 which activated fine.

1. Not 4k capable. Try look for a 144hz 1080p instead.

2. No need for Arctic silver. The stock cooler will have pre applied paste or pad.

3. That WiFi adapter would be fine although I'd always suggest WiFi as a last result. Wired>home plugs>wireless

Only other thing would be either go for a bigger SSD or couple with a mechanical drive. Games are big these days and add files and programs and your storage runs out really quick. Call of duty modern warfare is 150gb as an example.

Soldato
OP
Hi - many thanks for the input.

So the 3600 for an extra £45 is recommended? Would the board and GPU I have picked out be the best for my needs?

I'll look into the Windows suggestion. Which ever way I go (OEM DVD or ebay) I assume I don't need to DVD drive? Is it just a case of getting a default download from MS and then applying a key?

Totally with you on WIFI, we'll give the home network plugs another go. We use them without issue downstairs, but my son says the one in his bedroom drops the connection a lot.

Soldato
Hi - many thanks for the input.

So the 3600 for an extra £45 is recommended? Would the board and GPU I have picked out be the best for my needs?

I'll look into the Windows suggestion. Which ever way I go (OEM DVD or ebay) I assume I don't need to DVD drive? Is it just a case of getting a default download from MS and then applying a key?

Totally with you on WIFI, we'll give the home network plugs another go. We use them without issue downstairs, but my son says the one in his bedroom drops the connection a lot.

3600 over 2600 any day.

There is a tool you can download and it will flash a USB drive. Just plug in and boot to it, then install as normal.

Soldato
OP
Came across this post for a very similar build / request and have subsequently made the following changes:

Swapped the SATA SSD for a 1TB PCIe SSD.
Changed the memory to Patriot Viper Steel 3200MHz

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £707.10 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Soldato
looks good, the m.2 ssd is always a good idea to get when building as they can often be a pain to install once the build is complete in the case (matx and itx thats the case anyway)

Back
Top Bottom