*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
I'm really struggling to get in to any Switch games since finishing BotW unfortunately. Seems like I'm just defaulting to my Xbox and the ton of game pass content to get through.

I think it's spoilt me as I just can't bring myself to pay £40+ for games that aren't even that new. Like I wanna pick up pokemon, but I just feel like the value for money just isn't there.

Nintendo subscription service pretty please?
Maybe in 10 years time. Nintendo still haven't caught up with Xbox live circa 2009.

Soldato
I'm really struggling to get in to any Switch games since finishing BotW unfortunately. Seems like I'm just defaulting to my Xbox and the ton of game pass content to get through.

I think it's spoilt me as I just can't bring myself to pay £40+ for games that aren't even that new. Like I wanna pick up pokemon, but I just feel like the value for money just isn't there.

Nintendo subscription service pretty please?
The flip side is surely that you can still get loads back for them? I bought Pokemon for £45 on launch, played it through, and sold it very recently for £36...

Associate
That's true. The consistent price for new does mean a good used market if you want to play and resell.

Maybe I set the bar for myself too high by playing pretty much nothing but BotW for a while. Any other game I play on the system just doesn't grip me the same way I think, it's the only game in a long while that I got genuinely excited about getting home from work to play it.

Soldato
That's true. The consistent price for new does mean a good used market if you want to play and resell.

Maybe I set the bar for myself too high by playing pretty much nothing but BotW for a while. Any other game I play on the system just doesn't grip me the same way I think, it's the only game in a long while that I got genuinely excited about getting home from work to play it.
I had that issue too. Weirdly the closest thing I've played to it is Death Stranding (obviously a very different tone but there are similarities in gameplay), if you've got a PS4?

Associate
Nope, no ps4. Was always a PS guy before, had a couple PS3s, but stuck with PC initially for this gen. Then this year I picked up a Switch to play Zelda and have some family Mario Kart fun. Then picked up an Xbox One cheap last month for some game pass value.

I love the Switch as a system and is great for some Mario Kart with friends and family, and for gaming on the move its perfect. But I've just not found enough to keep me playing it.

Maybe things will get shaken up a bit next year with new consoles coming out. Nintendo will surely need something fresh to keep up with the market?

Man of Honour
Maybe things will get shaken up a bit next year with new consoles coming out. Nintendo will surely need something fresh to keep up with the market?

I'm not so sure. Nintendo have no desire to compete on power, and they have the fastest selling console with a profit on each unit sold.

I would love a base Xbox one power level in a portable from Nintendo at Christmas time, but I don't see that happening.

Soldato
So it seems the Switch has now outsold the Xbox One, while being released nearly 4 years later. Just didn’t see that happening at all, think they have just got into China now as well??

Soldato
Zombie Army Trilogy coming to Switch in early 2020

Supports two-to-four player local wireless play, motion controls, and more.

Rebellion will release Zombie Army Trilogy for Switch in early 2020, the developer announced.
Zombie Army Trilogy first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in March 2015. It features three story campaigns and a “Horde” mode, and is playable in single-player or by up to four players cooperatively.

The Switch version of Zombie Army Trilogy features everything previously released on
consoles, plus new features including two-to-four player local wireless play, motion controls, and Pro Controller and HD Rumble support. It also supports the platform’s friend invite system.

The next entry in the Zombie Army series, Zombie Army 4: Dead War, is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on February 4, 2020.

https://rebellion.com/zombie-army-trilogy-rises-on-nintendo-switch-next-year/

hope they add local MP on PS4

Soldato
Just got myself a switch lite this week and have a to say it seems like a solid bit of kit and this my first handheld since the PSP days.

Currently playing Flashback/Sonic Mania/ Tetris 99/Trials rising/Lumines remastered/Wonder boy.

Soldato
Picked up a lite yesterday for £120 inc Luigi’s. I was ready to give the game 9/10 until the boat mechanic and the timed puzzles that waste lives with obtuse solutions.

The console itself is a lovely bit of kit though. I think it may be time to retire the ol’ Vita as my portable of choice.

What Mario games are worth it? There are three, I assume Maker is good but what about the others?

Also is there a way to play Wii/U/DS/ etc. games on it? Virtual console equivalent?

Soldato
Odyssey is great as are SMBU and Mario Maker. My favourite Nintendo platformer on the system is Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. Can't recommend it enough.

An online sub to Nintendo Switch Online will get you access to a ton of NES/SNES games. £17.99 pa. Well worth it I think.

Associate
Decided I'm definitely going to pick up a Switch this Christmas. Understand they seldom go on sale but, assuming some form of bundle is the best way to go?

Associate
Yeah generally you'll get console and game for about £280-300. Different places do different bundles so might have to shop around.

Soldato
The best deals tend to come from eBay when they have a discount code on. Unlikely before Christmas now, but there's usually a good one between Christmas and New Year. Typically £230-£350 with a game.

Associate
I would struggle to keep the switch in its box and wait till Christmas. :D

My original plan for my gf's present towards me was to pitch in the 3950x cost or buy me the ram, but that would mean i would have to wait till xmas to open them and build my pc. Couldn't wait any longer so new plans for her to get me a different present :p

Back
Top Bottom