The Tesla Thread

Associate
Just the basics. Check it has the type2 (blue) cable because these havent always been in stock, and you will need it. Check the paint for anything obvious and check for any panel alighment issues and get them raised with the pickup team. Check the windscreen washers work, someone I work with had one delivered and they didnt. Beyond that I wouldnt sweat it too much tbh.

thanks that doesn’t sound too onerous. I’m gonna stick with 3 pin charging at home over Christmas and will sort a 7KW charger in the new year

Soldato
you got latest update?
My suspicion is not. The latest update is just night and day for me. I drove from Leeds to Manchester and back yesterday, which as you can imagine had every type and speed of rain imaginable. It was pretty much flawless.

Soldato
Nice early warning this morning of a car in front just stopping for no apparent reason! I have it on early and it does occasionally beep and jerk the wheel to avoid meandering white lines but I'll gladly put up with that.

Soldato
Picked my SR Plus up yesterday.

Somehow they didn't have my aero hub caps so they're sending them in the post. You'd think that they'd come with the car...

Not specifically Tesla, but it's not unheard of for cars to be shipped without their final wheels and meet the wheels at the dealer. That way they can get the car on the boat and easily ship the little bits later.

Associate
Picked up my performance yesterday. Few minor issues which they tried to sort. Looks generally in good nick - chip in the alloy wheel though which I will need to book back in. Took it to a free 50kw charger to charge. It’s still calibrating the cameras though so will need to go out in it today to finish off.

Very nice to drive so far though but need to get it connected to WiFi and update the software and get a charger sorted

Soldato
Picked up my performance yesterday. Few minor issues which they tried to sort. Looks generally in good nick - chip in the alloy wheel though which I will need to book back in. Took it to a free 50kw charger to charge. It’s still calibrating the cameras though so will need to go out in it today to finish off.

Very nice to drive so far though but need to get it connected to WiFi and update the software and get a charger sorted

Get it updated and enable "hold mode" for one pedal driving. It's very good.

Associate
Already changed the range to % but need the one pedal update. Is hold mode just pressing the brake pedal heavily or is it Regen from <5 mph. The former it does fine.

Associate
Already changed the range to % but need the one pedal update. Is hold mode just pressing the brake pedal heavily or is it Regen from <5 mph. The former it does fine.

No, as long as the battery is not completely full or cold you can drive without ever touching the brake pedal, I've got a feeling that once you stopped the car is applying the brakes, there's definitely a noise you can hear from the front when the hold symbol appears on the dash.

Back
Top Bottom