Got a needle stuck in my eye

Soldato
OP
I know it sounds bad but it isn't as bad as you think -It sounds worse than it is.

You start off seeing a kid just out of school who checks you over -Blood pressure -eye test etc then she put's weak solution of acid in your eye (It stung like acid) - that dilates the eye ball. - you then go and sit with all the other people who have just come out from having it done - Their wives/husbands are holding them round shoulders saying the pain will ease soon -as if they knew.

Your name is called and they take you into the "room" lie on there please ! - So not knowing what was coming you lie down- The Doc then explains what is going to happen then says lean back - whoosh -before you know it they have strapped you to the bed and put one of those head restrains under your head - She (Doc) said sorry for this but you must understand that when we put the needle in you must not move or flinch :eek::eek: Then she put some more liquid in the eye - wiped it round a bit then got some more and said this stings - Good job I was strapped in - It must have been neat acid. OK she said that's it - ???? What is - It's done you can go now - I never saw or felt anything.

Believe me if you suddenly can't see you WILL have anything done to get your eye sight back
I exaggerated a bit above.
The best bit was the Doc was stunning - I bet she was only about 15 :D:D

Associate
I might have to have this done in both eyes. This is due to pressure build up in my eyes caused by bleeding. Damn Type 2 Diabetes!!! :(

Soldato
OP
That’s quite a strange thing to say.

When you get to my age even the cops look 15 - perhaps I should have said 16.

I think the needle was only in for about 3 or 4 sec- Don't forget it's a fine needle and it's not like they are sticking a load of stuff in your eye probably less than a drop or less than 0.5 of a ml.

My next one is in January.

Soldato
I had a cornea graft 10 years ago and it wasn't bonding so surgeon injected an air bubble , I had to lie on my back for 48hours hoping pressure would push the layers together until bubble was absorbed . Watching that syringe come towards your eye is really unpleasant . The pain after anesthetic wore off was awful they gave glaucoma meds for few days.

Nice inbuilt spirit level

At the time I had my Wife convinced I might have different coloured eyes if there was no blue available :p

b03r3e9.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I had a cornea graft 10 years ago and it wasn't bonding so surgeon injected an air bubble , I had to lie on my back for 48hours hoping pressure would push the layers together until bubble was absorbed . Watching that syringe come towards your eye is really unpleasant . The pain after anesthetic wore off was awful they gave glaucoma meds for few days.

Nice inbuilt spirit level

At the time I had my Wife convinced I might have different coloured eyes if there was no blue available :p

b03r3e9.jpg

How do they keep your eye open because surely reaction would be to close when a needle is coming at it?

Man of Honour
How do they keep your eye open because surely reaction would be to close when a needle is coming at it?
giphy.webp

Soldato

Basically the above lol . Surgeon said they use what looks like a mini round cutter as if making mince pie casings that really helped my nerves :eek: . For the actual graft it was a general anesthetic just local for bubble and then monthly removal of 1 or 2 stitches to tweak my vision . 10 years on I'm back on steroid drops due risk of rejection due to graft age
vMIHG5C.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom