Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
Should be an interesting mix up for the endgame stuff, looking forward to see how they will start improving things visually as well.

Not decided on a league starter at the moment, I've got a few ideas, but it's hard to see how expensive some of the shaper/elder items are going to become given the atlas changes.

Associate
Should be an interesting mix up for the endgame stuff, looking forward to see how they will start improving things visually as well.

Not decided on a league starter at the moment, I've got a few ideas, but it's hard to see how expensive some of the shaper/elder items are going to become given the atlas changes.

suspect ssfhc going to be a bloodbath for those that go for the prices.
Looks like an interesting league for sure

Associate
I just slapped down another $60 for that Grand Sanctum supporter pack! I like to buy them every few leagues to show support :)

Looking forward to the new league though. I'm going to try some sort of balista bow build for league start with a 2nd bow skill for extra deeps, probably siege balista as you get that at lvl4 and rain of arrows as you get that at 12. Not quiet figured it out yet, winging it as I go along!

8pm kick off!

Soldato
patch is up now, 13gb download for me i dont know why i do this to myself launch night of new leagues are always a horrible mess, but but but i has to have something newwwwwww

Still no idea on a build to start off with, im guessing every man and their dog will be on bow builds

Associate
patch is up now, 13gb download for me i dont know why i do this to myself launch night of new leagues are always a horrible mess, but but but i has to have something newwwwwww

Still no idea on a build to start off with, im guessing every man and their dog will be on bow builds

Yeah I just got back after walking my dogs and force started the download. I'll have some dinner and watch some tv before kick off :)

Soldato
lol I'm really struggling this league, already binned one char @ lvl 58. Don't know what's wrong with me, got a lot of experience in this game and can usually at least get to maps before even dying once, but this season I am just dying, dying, dying! I know they reworked the bosses but damn! Maybe I'm just too old now lol

Soldato
Binned my 78 ice shot/barrage - I don't see this doing effective boss damage without massive investment.

Trying mines, fun so far but only level 40.

Like the changes but some of the bosses feel overturned, this league is going to be rough on new players!

Soldato
heh, maybe a pattern. My binned char was explosive arrow/barrage. So much for Bow season lol. And yea, if we're struggling with thousands of hours behind our belts, I dread to think how the new guys are faring :)

Associate
I just hit maps last night with my raider. I'm using siege balistas and rain of arrows for now. My gear sux, as to be expected, not even close to rez capped, 2.5k ish hp. I tried a t2 yellow map and it wasn't pretty hahaha. I like the boss changes, but it's going to make it tough for new players.

I've also had a ton of issues with my 5700XT and the game locking up. It's something GGG is looking into but it really slowed down my leveling this weekend.

Associate
Just kicked off yesterday with a storm burst trickster but worried how squishy it maybe - does look awesome fun though and should be good for bossing.

Played scourge pathfinder last league and may also try that build again as it was good for clear and bossing.

Associate
Just kicked off yesterday with a storm burst trickster but worried how squishy it maybe - does look awesome fun though and should be good for bossing.

Played scourge pathfinder last league and may also try that build again as it was good for clear and bossing.

I played a little Storm Burst Trickster at the end of last season and the leveling process & damage was excellent, granted I had some of the best in slot gear ready to go using the currency I'd already made. I was able to jump into straight into T12-13 maps at about level 68 and could still melt things, just had to be switched on as it was a bit squishy in places, something I'm sure more levels and refined gear would help solve.

I'm still in act 9 at the moment, I went with a cast on crit, Volatile/Detonate dead cyclone build. It's been pretty slow going leveling as the gear needed is pretty specific and I haven't had a good amount of currency drop. I finally managed to get it working last night after a few item changes and it feels like it could be insane with the right gear, was melting some of the metamorph bosses in seconds.

Associate
I was pretty lucky with a tabula rasa dropping from one of the metamorph bosses in act 1 so already running a 6 link storm burst - hoping that keeps things pretty smooth until maps.

@Parky be interested to hear how get on in maps and the metamorph endgame with that build.

Associate
Well, I sunk a few hours in today with no crashes! got to 80 and did about 30 atlas progression maps. I'm still far from being rez capped but I did buy a cheap 6L bow, so my balistas are now doing more damage than my rain of arrows :)

I also did merc lab and only need 2 more trials for uber lab.

I think once i'm rez capped and have a bit more HP i'll be able to settle into this build. DPS feels OK with really bad gear and I need to work on a few playstyle kinks i'm having (mana regen and frenzy charge generation) but i'm going to give it a few more days and see how it fairs!

Soldato
Rolled a witch this morning on Xbox POE, i was going to do some kinda Bane build, im a total noob at this game, and prefer to play it on Xbox than PC for some reason, probably cos i can lay on the bed and play it :p

Anyone got any decent starter Witch builds that involve not many buttons? i read one build i think that had golems or something that basically mash everything up for you, something like that would be good to learn the game and its mechanics, Smudge has tried to teach me the game a few times but i always seem to lose interest just before getting into Maps. I find the storyline exceptionally boring and repetitive.

Soldato
After my first failure explosive arrow char, I decided to try a Beserker Ice crash build. Still need a fair bit of gear but even now with basic stuff I am kicking major ass :)
Metamorph bosses are melting with ease so far!

Last edited:
Soldato
Im still running my Blade Vortex Ice Point Assassin been doing ok so far in low maps but starting to hit a wall where i need to work on my resistences / life / es to push faster. My DPS seems good im just struggling with some of the bosses/metamorphs.

BTW not playing the blight league i have no clue with that mechanic so im just skipping it when i come across any in maps. Am i missing out or is it worth sticking with it?

Still love the occassional delve and legion mechanics, no idea why they rolled Blight into the main game.

Tempted to start a second char for clear speed and currency farming but im enjoying BV so ill stick with it for a while yet. Great league imo

Back
Top Bottom