****Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Official Thread****

Soldato
Just a thought that came to me at one point in the movie...

I am inevitable!
I am Iron Man!

The third act was very much like the Avengers Endgame third act...

Speaking to a couple of people on the way out, the general feeling went from, 'it was fine' to 'meh' to (and this is my personal favourite) 'I never thought I'd appreciate the Prequals more'

All of the new ones are far better than the prequals ...

Unless you are a fan of Jar Jar and the worst actor ever to be given more than one film..... I hate sand

I love watching it today with my daughter. She's 7 so a few scary bits. Lots of fan service but wrapped stuff up well. Best of the 3 in my view.

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
Finn

I know he's been a pretty useless character since TFA but...

Did we ever find out what Finn was going to tell Rey as they were sinking into the dirt?

Also I can't work out if they were trying to suggest Finn had suddenly become slightly Force sensitive, as he kept going on about how he "knew this" or could "feel that" with no explanation.

Is it bad that my favourite bit was...

The little guy who whipped C3-PO's memory (can't remember his name). I just need a little creature in my life who pops up when good things happen and yells "Wahaaaaaay!" :D

Also
R2 really got shafted in the new trilogy! He was hardly around :mad:

Soldato
Just got out from seeing this.

Absolute trash but not as bad as TLJ.

Felt as though the whole film went 100mph for 2 and a half hours and couldn't catch a breath. Everytime something bad happens usually less than a minute later something else will happen to resolve it and then move on to the next scene.

When that kiss happened and then the person just dropped dead I actually laughed out loud when it was supposed to be an emotional scene.

A couple of nice throwbacks to the originals but not enough make it anywhere near a decent flick.

3/10

Soldato
Seen a few reviews and discussions of the plot and the complete overpowered use of the force one minute and then not using it the next sounds ridiculous.

The heavy handedness and lack of subtlety to the writing destroyed this trilogy before it started. If you start your story at 80% intensity then you have to go completely overboard and tie yourself in knots by the time you are trying to find a finale.

When kylo stopped the blaster bolt in mid air at the beginning of the force awakens I pretty much knew there and then they had blown it.

Permabanned
I'm just glad it's finished and to see it all in my life time as it progressed nearly 40 yrs .. my god what an accomplishment ..
it finished as it should with the light winning .. lets hope the future of mankind can do the same .
just like the bible it's a story to keep evil at bay .to give hope and direction to the young ..
there will be many more but to me .... it was my story of hope .

I'm just glad it's finished and to see it all in my life time as it progressed nearly 40 yrs .. my god what an accomplishment ..
it finished as it should with the light winning .. lets hope the future of mankind can do the same .
just like the bible it's a story to keep evil at bay .to give hope and direction to the young ..
there will be many more but to me .... it was my story of hope .

giphy.gif

Caporegime
So..

In once scene a ship pretty far away gets "force grabbed" and the same can't be done to the Falcon with Kylo being maybe 50 feet away?

There's a magic "coin" that lets ships go into Landing Pads in Star Destroyers? Yet this somehow hasn't been sussed out by the rebels to use small ships loaded with explosives to take them out?

Why did they shoot their load so fast with the Emperor's Clone? He's in the movie pretty much immediately after the opening title sequence, looks like it was shoe horned in there late in production and Ren looking for clues to his whereabouts was a longer part of the movie.

It's good to know that the Death Star is no longer needed and big cannons (that conveniently look like they got taken off the Dreadnought in TLJ) can be bolted onto Star Destroyers and take out Planets just as fast.

Man of Honour
So..

In once scene a ship pretty far away gets "force grabbed" and the same can't be done to the Falcon with Kylo being maybe 50 feet away?

There's a magic "coin" that lets ships go into Landing Pads in Star Destroyers? Yet this somehow hasn't been sussed out by the rebels to use small ships loaded with explosives to take them out?

Why did they shoot their load so fast with the Emperor's Clone? He's in the movie pretty much immediately after the opening title sequence, looks like it was shoe horned in there late in production and Ren looking for clues to his whereabouts was a longer part of the movie.

Just remember dude Star Wars always was and is a childrens film that adults can enjoy.
Don't take it too seriously.

Soldato
Favourite part was palpatine unleashing force lightning into the sky to disable the resistance fleet, I can’t help but think this film would have ended better with palpatine destroying everyone and once again ruling the galaxy

Caporegime
Also...

Loved how the Star Destroyers needed a navigation signal to tell them what way up was. Insert convenient plot macguffin that makes zero sense here.

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
Favourite part was palpatine unleashing force lightning into the sky to disable the resistance fleet, I can’t help but think this film would have ended better with palpatine destroying everyone and once again ruling the galaxy

A better movie would have been Rey on the hunt for Poppa Palpy after figuring out he owed her 20 years+ of pocket money.

:p

Caporegime
that wasn’t actually necessary at all.

It was mentioned several times without it they couldn't go anywhere. The signal was transferred to a command ship but the same thing applied, once their antenna got destroyed apparently nobody could suss out how to get to space....despite the ground being directly under them. Seemingly the concept of using their eyes or going in the general direction of space (aka UP) wasn't given much thought.

Back
Top Bottom