Resident Evil 3 Remake

Associate
They fact that they can make these so quickly means they are not as hard to make and cheaper than a full blown release so it is quite profitable. I really hope they do not stop here and get Code Veronica made also.
They probably have had RE3R in the works while remaking 2 since they are using the same engine, wouldn't surprise me they kept it in the dark to see how well 2 performs and they knew fans wanted a 3rd remake as the original was a "rushed" development but loved.

Associate
Never played RE3 Back in the day. Only played RE1 and RE2.

Remake of RE2 was my GOTY for 2019, and probably for the last 4-5 years looking back.

I am seriously excited to play RE3! Also with it being a "remake" pricing seems to be fair when RE2 released compared with "new" games that are now priced at £50 a pop

Associate
Great to see they managed to bring it out so soon after RE2 Remake. I hope they started working on Code Veronica now which is also one of my favourites. Day 1 purchase for me :)

Rumour is that this was pretty much being made side by side with RE2 and there hadn't been a decision on what to remake next. I'd guess they were waiting to see how these performed.
I'm sure they have something on the go now but I wouldn't expect to see it soon. Might not even be CV as another rumour had them looking at 4 and the original remake as possibilities too.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They probably have had RE3R in the works while remaking 2 since they are using the same engine, wouldn't surprise me they kept it in the dark to see how well 2 performs and they knew fans wanted a 3rd remake as the original was a "rushed" development but loved.

To be fair a lot is similar. RE3 was more like an expansion than a whole new game. Most of the groundwork would have already been done with 2.

I agree. All I am saying is I hope they do it again using the same engine but with CV. Even if it took them 2 years as CV is a bit different from RE 2 & 3.

Rumour is that this was pretty much being made side by side with RE2 and there hadn't been a decision on what to remake next. I'd guess they were waiting to see how these performed.
I'm sure they have something on the go now but I wouldn't expect to see it soon. Might not even be CV as another rumour had them looking at 4 and the original remake as possibilities too.
Really do hope they make CV, would not mind a remake of the remake either. But I have no interest in RE4 remake.

Associate
I don't think 4 needs remaster or remake as its perfectly fine, I personally want them work on RE8 after 3 as I want to see what happens next after the events of 7.
The fact they confirmed the soldier at the end of 7 is Chris redfield with the DLC, despite looking different and change voice actor again the director confirmed it is Chris.
They now have blue umbrella so I want to see what's next, whether they will continue with Chris again or carry on with Ethan wanting to help Blue umbrella.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't think 4 needs remaster or remake as its perfectly fine, I personally want them work on RE8 after 3 as I want to see what happens next after the events of 7.
The fact they confirmed the soldier at the end of 7 is Chris redfield with the DLC, despite looking different and change voice actor again the director confirmed it is Chris.
They now have blue umbrella so I want to see what's next, whether they will continue with Chris again or carry on with Ethan wanting to help Blue umbrella.
I kind of have very little interest in RE8, RE7 was a breath of fresh air after how bad 6 was, but looking back the story was nothing special at all and I do not care about the game at all, I have yet to get the urge to replay it where as I always have had to urge to revisit RE 1-3 and CV every few years. I would much rather CV and Remake of the Remake BY FAR.

To me they lost the plot with RE4 and on-wards. I have little interest in any of those. Only thing that was good about RE4 was gameplay was new and different at the time, everything else about the game is boring and not RE.

Soldato
Yep. Put it on my wishlist yesterday. Hoping to grab a steam key elsewhere for around £30. Maybe GMG or CDKeys or something. Or might get it for my PS4 Pro and get it on PC later this year. Not sure if I want to play on PC first or on my OLED TV :D

Theres a 25% off code for RE3 on GMG - 25RE3.

I'm not sure how long the code is valid for, but i'm temoted to wait to see if it's any cheaper at CD keys or that voidu site we got RE2 from.

I kind of have very little interest in RE8, RE7 was a breath of fresh air after how bad 6 was, but looking back the story was nothing special at all and I do not care about the game at all, I have yet to get the urge to replay it where as I always have had to urge to revisit RE 1-3 and CV every few years. I would much rather CV and Remake of the Remake BY FAR.

To me they lost the plot with RE4 and on-wards. I have little interest in any of those. Only thing that was good about RE4 was gameplay was new and different at the time, everything else about the game is boring and not RE.

Totally agree with this. I'd love a remake of Code Veronica. It would be perfect for the new engine as it had first person parts to it like the boss that you shoot in the heart with the bolt action rifle in first person. i thought that was so cool when I first played it. Also when you completed the game you could play a mini game in first person mode. Hopefully they tone down the cheesy voice acting a bit and it would be perfect.

I still play through RE4 from time to time, but its not a patch on the early games, the early games had such and interesting back story and setting and it's one of the only games i'd read every single memo etc. Usually I just skip the text in games as it's rarely interesting, but in the early RE games I wanted to know everything about it. RE4 the text files were meh and I didn't find Las plagas and the settings anywhere near as atmospheric or interesting.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Theres a 25% off code for RE3 on GMG - 25RE3.

I'm not sure how long the code is valid for, but i'm temoted to wait to see if it's any cheaper at CD keys or that voidu site we got RE2 from.

Totally agree with this. I'd love a remake of Code Veronica. It would be perfect for the new engine as it had first person parts to it like the boss that you shoot in the heart with the bolt action rifle in first person. i thought that was so cool when I first played it. Also when you completed the game you could play a mini game in first person mode. Hopefully they tone down the cheesy voice acting a bit and it would be perfect.

I still play through RE4 from time to time, but its not a patch on the early games, the early games had such and interesting back story and setting and it's one of the only games i'd read every single memo etc. Usually I just skip the text in games as it's rarely interesting, but in the early RE games I wanted to know everything about it. RE4 the text files were meh and I didn't find Las plagas and the settings anywhere near as atmospheric or interesting.
Yea, I saw that code, but decided to wait hoping we get it a little cheaper from cdkeys or voidu as you say. Not that I am not happy to even drop £50 on this game, but it is more the principle of the thing where I generally don’t like to pay more than £30 for a PC game. It is a digital code after all with no resale value, not to mention no box/disc or shipping costs, so they should be cheaper in my opinion.

Let’s hope people start going on about a Code Veronica remake like they did with RE3 so CAPCOM begin remaking that. In my opinion they should keep using the current team to keep churning out remakes and have a separate team on RE8. I would also like them to either remaster or just fix the installers of the original resident evil 1-3 games and make it as a single package and sell it as Resident Evil Classics. A remaster would be great where they just up the resolution of the assets.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/resident-evil-3-pc - Currently a little cheaper @ £35 on CD keys in their Christmas sale. I think I remember paying £35 for the Deluxe version of RE2 last year from Voidu.
Yeah, saw that earlier. Not a bad price, will wait and see what Voidu and others provide. Might just pre-order and then cancel if I decide to play it on my PS4 Pro.

Soldato
On the topic of Resident Evil, is Revelations 1 and 2 worth playing?

I wish RE3 was coming out in time for Christmas, I have fond memories of playing Code Veronica and the original RE3 one Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom