Associate
Hi all,

Upgraded my rig, desk & case etc & thought I'd share some photo's.

I didn't intend on upgrading the mobo & CPU at first, but I damaged some pins on the old one when I dropped a micro fibre cloth on it (n00b move, I know).

so now the specs are (if anyone cares)
  • Ryzen 3700x
  • Asus ROG Strix X-570F Gaming Motherboard
  • 32Gb Corsair Vengeance PC3000 RAM
  • MSI Gaming X 1080 GPU
  • SoundBlaster Z Soundcard
  • 5TB Western Digital Red NAS drive (serves as a media server)
  • Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb M2 SSD - C: Drive & Windows 10 Pro
  • Samsung 970 Plus 500Gb M2 SSD - More room for how ridiculously large games have become these days!
  • SuperFlower Leadex 650 Watt Gold PSU - With braided cables
  • Corsair H150i - 360mm Watercooler (top mounted - intake)
  • Fans - 6x Corsair LL120 RGB - 3x bottom, 3x side - all exhaust
  • Lian Li PC-O11 Razer Edition
  • LG 29WK600 Superwide 1080p 75hz Monitor (to be upgraded now I have the space)
  • Desk - Went with a popular option on the forums - Ikea Gerton Desk (really decent solid piece of wood), mounted on an Alex (drawer) & 2 wooden legs
  • Corsair Platinum K95 Keyboard (Cherry Brown) & Razer Mamba TE
  • Various RGB lights from Amazon etc - I've gone a bit OTT, but I can always tone them down or change to a static colour when I want to be "mature" :p
  • Oh and a fluffy bath matt, as it's so comfy on my bare feet :D
Sorry guys, I don't have anywhere but Instagram to host my images, so going to have to give you the link to that:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5gnUvWH7r6/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Temps seem pretty decent so far - CPU around 29-31c idle & 50-55c full load, GFX is around 38c idle & 60-65 full load. However, one thing that I wanted & have achieved with this setup, is none of the fans speed up when on load, so the system doesn't sound like a hoover when I'm gaming etc. But.... why did AMD make the X570 actively cooled :( it's the loudest part of my system lol.

However, the heatsinks that are applied to the M2 sticks are awesome, they've gone from up to 70c when on load, to a constant 40-45c.

Associate
OP
No idea mate - I haven't really been "up to date" on things for a while, so i just assumed they were still used. It's a sound blaster Z, so still decent I believe? onboard can't be as good surely?

Soldato
Your monitor could do with being raised up. Also I would get some better speakers to match the sound card.

I do like the finish on the desk, I have the older Ikea Galant, but worktop is not as good as yours.

Back
Top Bottom