What am i doing wrong or missing???

Associate
So i will start by saying i am not entirely new to gaming or PC building, but i am a complete beginner when it comes to fault finding in the nature I am currently having to work. the system is as follows:
MSI MPG X570 atx motherboard
Ryzen 7 3800x
Sapphire RX590 nitro+
Corsair 32gb 3000mhz
Corsair MP510 240gb m.2 (boot)
other ssd/hdd for general storage.

Edit PSU EVGA 750W superNOVA Platinum

The issue i am running into is when i launch certain games like rust via steam or Call of Duty modern warfare via blizzard, the system seems to lock up then when it becomes responsive again the keyboard and mouse do not work correctly, the mouse only has a left click but via the right click button activation. the keyboard has selected choice of keys avail;able, some in a different language and some create shortcut like opening the documents, another mutes my microphone and another activates the security lock (log in screen) i am at a loss, I have updated all drivers, I have checked the firewall settings and all looks to be ok, the system has been running about a week with no issues but now I am unable to play and dont know where to turn.

P.s. I dont know what other games may be affected I am slowly downloading games to try

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Full fresh install of windows 10 pro, all drives used are new except one which was a general storage drive previously, fully wiped and to the point it needed re-allocating a drive letter and brand new system as of last friday

Man of Honour
Tried different USB ports for mose and keyboard ?

i.e try USB 2 if using USB 3 or try front ones instead of back ones

just to see if a difference is made.

Doesn't explain why it was wotrking fine before , unless Windows has changed yuor USB drivers

Associate
OP
tried a second keyboard, both in various ports with the same issue, but also like i disconnect all keyboards and use the on screen keyboard built into windows 10 and this runs into the same issue so i dont think its a usb driver issue, but as the games that i have tried run from different engines and use different cheat detection (anti rgb but not actual cheaters) software while others that use the same EAC work fine

Associate
wifi dongle or wired network connection ? I have had an issue in the past where a USB wifi dongle would sometimes cause other USB devices to drop out.

Associate
Have you tried a fresh install since the issues occurred? The fact that the on screen keyboard is experiencing the same issues makes me think it's software. I assume you've got anti-virus etc installed? Also could try any restore points if you've got them from before the issues occurred before going for a fresh re-install.

Associate
OP
Ive done a full fresh install Friday after it occured wiping all connected drives, didn't really have much as it's not been running long, I use a genuine copy of Kaspersky total fully upto date and have also used the malwarebytes trial, I've run ccleaner to check for reg errors

Soldato
Get rid of all the Kaspersky crap for a start! In fact I would go as far as formatting and rebuilding Windows from scratch. Remove any overclock you might be running, remove one stick of memory and run some benchmarks to test for stability.

Associate
Get rid of all the Kaspersky crap for a start! In fact I would go as far as formatting and rebuilding Windows from scratch. Remove any overclock you might be running, remove one stick of memory and run some benchmarks to test for stability.

Do this OP, start with the minimum -
pull out and re-attach all cables on mobo, remove and re-insert CPU, re-seat cooler.
attach just one SSD drive, one stick of RAM, fresh Windows, update drivers, download Steam & run Rust or Blizz & CoD MW. You can skip anti-virus software until you've checked for stability.

Back
Top Bottom