The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
I just done stage 5, I think that's the first time I've went up Keith Hill... Maybe the last ;). Three stages to go!

My damn HRM Run packed in the other night, I thought it was the battery but no such luck. I find it weird not seeing heart rate data, sooo Amazon to the rescue...
Good effort, Keith hurts! I always go so deep on that one too.

I rate the Wahoo TICKR. Mine is over 5 years old now and still going strong!

Yup, completed Stage 5 this afternoon, so that's them all done :) For me it was hard work, but feels good to have done it.
Amazing achievement, well done!

Few zwift rides this week but no racing.

Very easy one on Tuesday as I was tired from work & a longer ride Sunday.

Bounced back tonight with three efforts up the volcano climb. First one warming up, second one feeling good, last one empty the tank!
9:09, 8:52, 8:22. At 282W, 295W & 320W.

Great numbers & times to make a bit of a comeback with! 2 of those are faster than my PR, showoff! :p

Associate
Don't forget the short rides have a lead in or around 3 miles too.

Thanks , I had a check and its 17 km the short lap so I could even do Stage 4 at 1030 instead. Shouldn't take 30 mins to do 17km on the flat , if I get done before 1030 then i'll jump across into stage 4 , if not i'll stick with stage 5

Soldato
Great idea, I changed mine to stage 1 at 10am then on to stage 4 at 1030am. Saved me hanging around till mid day to do it!

Glad I read this thread before jumping on the bike lol

Cheers!

Associate
Got Stage 1 done in 26.28 so managed to pop across just in time for stage 4. Although I had to take it a lot easier on that one due to fatigue and having to manage my heart rate , 52.25

Hope everyone else got on well

Soldato
Hopped on a group ride last night for 36km to get to 2019km in 2019 on Zwift and got my level 19 unlock at the same time. I really enjoyed this ride and the crit race I did last week so need to do more of that sort of riding in 2020. I’m currently running SF and Zwift but I think I’ll let SF elapse when my year sub runs out in Feb.

Anyone got any exciting inside rides planned over the Christmas break?

Associate
Nothing particularly exciting but did the Uber Pretzle yesterday to tick off the route badge. Approx 140km( includes 12km back down) and 2500m climbing. Finished up the Alpe which was always going to be interesting!

Associate
Nothing particularly exciting but did the Uber Pretzle yesterday to tick off the route badge. Approx 140km( includes 12km back down) and 2500m climbing. Finished up the Alpe which was always going to be interesting!

Thats one of the routes I wont be getting the badge , along with mega pretzel and the full PRL. I did try the Alpe once but got about 2/3 up and had no more gears left to bail into , then I thought ive still got ages to go and was sick of seeing those segments go so slowly. Not sure i'll bother ever again

Kudos to you though

Caporegime
Ok I've been permitted to upgrade to a DD turbo. Since I'm never going to need the output of the Kickr, I'm sorely tempted to just save some ££ and go Kickr Core, but I am permitted to spend, so, would the DD'ers buy a Kickr or a Tacx Neo 2 for example? Reading the reviews it seems like the Neo 2 has some nice features, and I've used a Tacx for years so very happy with the brand.
Erm, I'm not sure Zwift racing is great performance for Ironman. Not unless you're trying to find some way to load fatigue to base other training on?

Racing tends to be threshold/VO2max efforts and recoveries for me, with a fair amount of soft pedalling thrown in the mix. Unless you're specifically hunting down iTT races or something?
I meant as part of a longer term TT focused training plan. Just to improve speed and what have you.

Associate
I have a Neo and wouldn’t buy anything else. Less to go wrong. Not fussed about the climb ( only comparable with kickr’s) although people who have them think they’re great if the belt doesn’t snap!

Man of Honour
Just having some fun on the turbo burning off Christmas dinner + mince pies.

I don't really have enough organisational skillz to sign up for Zwift races or anything, so I just sit on the turbo doing intervals. :D

At some point I'm going to try that new RGT cycling app and see what that is like...

Caporegime
Hm RGT certainly has a nice website; but it just looks like another competitor to Zwift which will probably fall away due to the nature of the market? It's hard to see zwift being toppled. DCRainmaker seems to agree, companies like this have a good product, but they don't have the finance to compete with Zwift.

Soldato
Hm RGT certainly has a nice website; but it just looks like another competitor to Zwift which will probably fall away due to the nature of the market? It's hard to see zwift being toppled. DCRainmaker seems to agree, companies like this have a good product, but they don't have the finance to compete with Zwift.

The "magic roads" feature could have really drawn turbo users in if they had opened up all Premium features for say the whole of January, but a 14 day Premium trial is no use now when rgt staff won't be around much to process the gpx files to make Magic Roads function.

The one thing they have over Zwift, but needs some major refinement, is auto braking and a power ceiling for corners. However, it's had oddities for months, where it kicks in on some routes on tiny kinks in the road. Done properly, it could drastically improves races, especially crits.

I've yet to test if it still happens, but I reported a bug to them last winter... For some reason, some courses report inflated power figures to Strava and Elevate For Strava for your best 20min power effort. This inflated figure is then passed on to my https://cricklesorg.wordpress.com/ account (not sure about my https://power-meter.cc/home account) which processes it and gives me an inflated FTP estimate that consequently will then screw up all TSS figures for the next six weeks.

Not sure there monthly subs will help draw users in either, only £1pcm cheaper than Zwift iirc.

It could easily go the same way as Virtugo, lots of promise, but not enough draw to pull away Zwift users from the masses.

Back
Top Bottom