What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
totally agree. Great series and the art of keeping things simple rather than the plot mess we currently have. The last Jedi being the worst

[Controversial comment]
Whilst I'm enjoying it, I do think it's rather simple and perhaps it's hype is more about it's a Star Wars TV series, rather than a really good TV series?
[/Controversial comment]

Soldato
What i've watched and am currently watching:

Black Summer
Fringe
Travellers
The Mandalorian
Modern Family
Big Bang Theory
Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
Rick and Morty
Bojack Horseman
The Expanse (amazing, but slow start)
Black Mirror
Inside Number 9
Stranger Things
Doctor Who
The Boys - amazing
Star trek Discovery
Breaking Bad
Parks and Recreation
Archer
After Life, Derek, Life's too Short - Ricky Gervais
Altered Carbon
The Orville
The Shield
Counterpart
Bobs Burgers
Family Guy
The Good Place - excellent!
Young Sheldon
South Park
Lost
Westworld

Soldato
[Controversial comment]
Whilst I'm enjoying it, I do think it's rather simple and perhaps it's hype is more about it's a Star Wars TV series, rather than a really good TV series?
[/Controversial comment]

I know what you mean. The plot is a little simple. But I like the fact it isn't just a blur of pretty visuals and action. It pauses for a bit of character development and to let the story pan out. It also actually feels like the star wars universe. Unlike the new films which just crap on every rule in the galaxy.

I think the reason people are giving it such high praise is that compared to the new films, it's actually quite good!

I'm certainly enjoying it far more than any of the Disney star wars films (bar rogue one maybe).

Soldato
The staircase. True crime documentary about a novelist who gets had up for killing his Mrs on the stairs. Good stuff.

I enjoyed that, sort of, whilst also getting annoyed at the incompetence of it all of course.

I watched The Devil Next Door last week. That was kinda hard to get through, you need to be in the right mood to watch it.

Soldato
Marianne on Netflix - French Horror series

Good so far, certainly some creepy scenes although some really odd out of place humor placed throughout. Some of it is actually pretty funny but it's just weird considering the style of this show. Will continue watching as only a few episodes in.

Also binged The Witcher - Strong 7.5/10 - Not played much of the games and haven't read the books but aware of the very main characters. Did find some of it quite confusing and not sure if the non-linear timeline was the best choice or if they could have just done it better but after really paying attention I thought it was very good. Well made, decently acted in most roles and Yennefer's story in particular I really enjoyed. Hopefully in Season 2 they will give Ciri a bit more to do than look scared and generally form a more coherent, easy to follow storyline. I don't think storylines like this are bad in certain genres but for an action fantasy I kinda just want to watch it and appreciate the creatures, sets, costumes and fights as well as the overall story.

Last edited:
Soldato
Marianne on Netflix - French Horror series

Good so far, certainly some creepy scenes although some really odd out of place humor placed throughout. Some of it is actually pretty funny but it's just weird considering the style of this show. Will continue watching as only a few episodes in.

Also binged The Witcher - Strong 7.5/10 - Not played much of the games and haven't read the books but aware of the very main characters. Did find some of it quite confusing and not sure if the non-linear timeline was the best choice or if they could have just done it better but after really paying attention I thought it was very good. Well made, decently acted in most roles and Yennefer's story in particular I really enjoyed. Hopefully in Season 2 they will give Ciri a bit more to do than look scared and generally form a more coherent, easy to follow storyline. I don't think storylines like this are bad in certain genres but for an action fantasy I kinda just want to watch it and appreciate the creatures, sets, costumes and fights as well as the overall story.

The Witcher first season covered most of the short stories that proceeded the main books. The time line does jump around in them. It also then covers some of The Blood of Elves which is the first main book. I thought they did a really good job of showing the background of the main characters. Cavill is perfect for Geralt. My only complaints would be that although the actresses playing Yenefer and Triss are good looking, all the sorceresses looks are magically enhanced that they are irresistible to men they are that beautiful and seductive. Neither are that good looking. Also Vilgefortz is incredibly powerful and cunning in the books. Not sure the actor they picked can portray him as he should be.
I’m really looking forward to the next series though. I loved the books and season 1 didn’t disappoint.

Associate
The Crown S3 - kept this on hold for the holidays, one of my favourite shows ever, and S3 doesn’t disappoint. Great performances all round, especially loved the episode on Prince Charles, brilliantly acted by Josh O’Connor. 10/10
Don’t Fk with cats - awful but fascinating 9/10
A Christmas Carol - seemingly dividing opinions, I thought it got better as it went on, 9/10
Mrs Maisel S3 - such a classy show, 9/10.
Great holiday TV so far.

Soldato
Finally got to watch Chernobyl.

Fantastic retelling of a horrific disaster.

Was going to watch it over a few days but ended up bingeing the whole lot in one sitting. 9/10

Back
Top Bottom