Is your Tesla rusty?

Soldato
I have seen plenty of cars with unpainted steel components in the interior.

Manufacturers do seem to be going back to the 60's and only bothering to paint the bits that you can see.

Behind many of the plastic panels covering the undersides and wheel arches of modern cars you will also find bare steel or factory primer only

And yes, a hell of a lot of rust after they are five or six years old.

It is probably a combination of cost cutting and weight saving, like with not providing a spare wheel any more.

Soldato
The interior behind panels on my Toyota are painted (and even lacquered in places). Not seen any bare metal. Didn't cost half as much as a Tesla..

The Fords I've had were the same, but sometimes just primer.

Last edited:
Soldato
There’s no unpainted/uncontested metal in that area or any area I’ve noticed on my Duster.

Somewhat concerning when a budget car made in Romania from mainly Renault parts is built to a highly quality standard than a Tesla.

It’s just a shame that your “duster” is quite possibly the worst car on the planet and an absolute pile of junk compared to any Tesla. :confused:

Soldato
According to the article it’s the metal inside the seat backs not any of the parts being described in posts here.

That said you shouldn’t find any bare metal on the body of the car, it’s all dipped in primer (hence the name body in white). But that isn’t what’s happening here.

Back
Top Bottom