Your game of the decade?

Soldato
VR has been a massive game changer (literally) for me over the last few years. I'd say Lone Echo has been one of the most incredible experiences over the last decade, as no other game has made me feel more immersed in another world. However at eight hours it's a fairly short experience.

If we go on game hours played then PubG is one I've played the most followed by Skyrim in all it's variations - Standard, Special Edition and VR.

Soldato
Torn between 4 for different reasons, so it's a joint 1st place for all 4:

The Witcher 3, because its just a masterpiece of storytelling, quests and beautiful game design all together in 1 fantastic package.

Subnautica, as someone else has posted, it just sticks with you long after you've finished it. Also very atmospheric (and in VR utterly terrifying!)

Ori and the Blind Forest, for gorgeous art style, great gameplay, amazing soundtrack (listening to it now in fact) and those feels at the start :(

Factorio, because it was the first game in about 10 years that had me playing "for a couple of hours" only to realise its 4am and I have to get up for work in 2 hours... :D

Soldato
Pubg
Skyrim
Dark Souls
Bloodbourne
Bioshock infinite

Man gettin wrapped up in skyrim, infinite and bloodbourne on their respective releases and the whole buzz around them were great, very rare gaming moments.

Pubg holds a special place in my heart as a genuine stress inducing game, it's a shame that it eventually lost my interest but will forver be in my top 10 gaming experiences.

Dark Souls needs no explanation really!

Soldato
hmm, i'd love to say red dead 2 but i wont have finished it by 2020.

so i'll go for borderlands 2, an amazing game and it runs well enough on low end hardware it basically was my only game for 6 months when i didn't have my rig to play on. only game i've played through more than thrice without mods.

i'd say skyrim, but i'm assuming we're not counting "modded to the level of barely being recognisable" otherwise i'd also have a shout for arma 3 (because i'm still playing it)

Soldato
In terms of hours played then ‘They are Billions’ by a country mile. Completely hooked me and I was very good at it!

Associate
1) Mass Effect 2
2) Bad Company 2
3) Skyrim

They were all right at the start of the decade, gaming went very very wrong somewhere in the last 10 years. Looking forward to Cyberpunk like the lone beacon of light!

Soldato
League of legends for me, even though I stopped playing it some time ago I carry on watching it as an esports event, it really opened up the world of F2P games for me and arguably increased the world of competitive gaming to the masses.

Back
Top Bottom