Helping my brother with a new gaming pc, £400-500

Associate
I'm looking to help my brother put together a decentish gaming pc for mainly Arma3, DayZ and games like that. I'm going to give him my unused AMD Ryzen 7 1700 processor. He already have a AMD RX480 graphic card and a monitor that I dont have the exact specs for. If I remember correct he also got an unspecified harddrives from my previous build to use (both SSD and mechanical). So we are looking to get the following items:

Memory - aiming for 16gb
PSU - I'm thinking something around 550W should be enough?
Motherboard - What would you recommend? I'm thinking of up to 100 quid in cost.
Case - it doesn't need too much soundproofing as my brother got 2 kids making quite a bit of noice anyway :D Personally I like the Fractal Design cases.

I'm thinking I should be able to get some decent stuff for £400-500 for the things he still would need to get? Any suggestions you guys would have?

Soldato
I'm looking to help my brother put together a decentish gaming pc for mainly Arma3, DayZ and games like that. I'm going to give him my unused AMD Ryzen 7 1700 processor. He already have a AMD RX480 graphic card and a monitor that I dont have the exact specs for. If I remember correct he also got an unspecified harddrives from my previous build to use (both SSD and mechanical). So we are looking to get the following items:

Memory - aiming for 16gb
PSU - I'm thinking something around 550W should be enough?
Motherboard - What would you recommend? I'm thinking of up to 100 quid in cost.
Case - it doesn't need too much soundproofing as my brother got 2 kids making quite a bit of noice anyway :D Personally I like the Fractal Design cases.

I'm thinking I should be able to get some decent stuff for £400-500 for the things he still would need to get? Any suggestions you guys would have?

Are you thinking of any specific board/case size, ATX, MATX or ITX?

So upto £500 for Motherboard, RAM, PSU and Case? That's more than enough, Case wise I'd highly recommend Fractal Design as I really rate their products but its more personal opinion with case choice

Associate
Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£158.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£69.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case (£126.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 550 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£96.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Total: £452.84

Somewhere to start from. :)

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £279.96 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

+ (for example) Fractal Meshify C ATX Tinted Tempered Glass for £80 elsewhere. OcUK haven't had stock in a while.

Associate
OP
Are you thinking of any specific board/case size, ATX, MATX or ITX?

So upto £500 for Motherboard, RAM, PSU and Case? That's more than enough, Case wise I'd highly recommend Fractal Design as I really rate their products but its more personal opinion with case choice

Generally I tend to favour the normal ATX mobo's as its less fiddly. And yes, up to £500 for all those things. I got a Fractual Design case myself and love it, find them very solid pieces and I like the style of them as well.

Back
Top Bottom