• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any new AMD cards on the way with 16gb vram?

Associate
Hi,

Had a look on here and on the net in general but can’t seem to find an answer.

The 5700xt has been released but it’s only 8gb vram. Looking for a new AMD card soon but want 16gb vram at least. Are there any in the pipeline?

Cheers

Man of Honour
If you want 16gb right now then the only real option in the lineup is the Radeon 7. Even if they do release a new high end it will likely only be an 8gb card with gddr6 possibly, they might make a hbm2 card like the 7 again but it wont be cheap.

Associate
OP
If you want 16gb right now then the only real option in the lineup is the Radeon 7. Even if they do release a new high end it will likely only be an 8gb card with gddr6 possibly, they might make a hbm2 card like the 7 again but it wont be cheap.

It’s just my luck that I’d spend £690 on one from ocuk and a new version will be released

Soldato
Hi,

Had a look on here and on the net in general but can’t seem to find an answer.

The 5700xt has been released but it’s only 8gb vram. Looking for a new AMD card soon but want 16gb vram at least. Are there any in the pipeline?

Cheers

Why 16GB of RAM?

Man of Honour
No one can know for sure but I don't think there will be a new AMD consumer GPU with 16gb soon. The VII is actually a 'failed' professional Instinct card which is why it has 16gb VRAM. I haven't read anything to suggest AMD will be adding more VRAM to their consumer grade Navi cards. So for high VRAM the choices are really the 1080Ti with 11gb or Radeon VII with 16gb. But who knows.

The VII was always a very limited run so not many of them about. I love mine.

Soldato
No one can know for sure but I don't think there will be a new AMD consumer GPU with 16gb soon. The VII is actually a 'failed' professional Instinct card which is why it has 16gb VRAM. I haven't read anything to suggest AMD will be adding more VRAM to their consumer grade Navi cards. So for high VRAM the choices are really the 1080Ti with 11gb or Radeon VII with 16gb. But who knows.

The VII was always a very limited run so not many of them about. I love mine.

Yeah, apparently people reported got a nice boost with the 19.12 drivers also, surpassing the 2080 which was combating almost the whole year.

Associate
theres one on a noteable auction site with a card + waterblock and oem cooler, for 550
topcashback is 5% for that site at the moment, so -27.50 off price when it turns up in 3 months

Back
Top Bottom