Scratch through to metal

Caporegime
Hi all,

Had three bikes on the bike rack today and one has moved around and scratched through to metal on the car. It's on a boot lip to the left of the mazda badge, just above the boot opener, and seems to be separate to the rest of the boot itself. Hoping to avoid whole respray.

Any thoughts on using repair guys? Can they get close to factory finish? Would you go through insurance, i.e. is it expensive?

Cheers,
Mags.

2014 Mazda cx-9, Crystal white paint.

Last edited:
Associate
Without any pictures it's hard to say. If it's just a single deep scratch then personally I'd use a touch up pen to fill in the scratch, then wet sand, then machine polish.
If you haven't got a machine polisher, or you're not confident taking it on yourself then a smart repair would be an option.
If it's multiple deep scratches, or a large area that's damaged then I'd be visiting the main dealer and some local bodyshops for some quotes

Last edited:
Soldato
Crystal white is a 3 stage pearl.

Going to impossible to get a decent match for cheap.

Time to bend over for a big bill and a colour blend.

Soldato
What's the point of having a bike if you're just going to drive them everywhere?
As for the scratch, good luck matching pearl white...

What an utterly ignorant comment! There are hundreds of reasons you'd carry a bike when driving, particularly even more so at this time of year in NZ. It's holiday season so the JAFAs are all heading up north / Down south to their holiday retreats. Which i'm sure you already know, NZ is known for it's sense of adventure when it comes to holidays, so just to clarify, you're not going to find families riding their bikes 200km along busy highways to get to their holiday destinations ;)

Back
Top Bottom