Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
For some reason my cherry shrimp stopped breeding after a few months, in both my tanks.

The ones in my community tank (which is much warmer) are huge, but they still stopped breeding :/

Soldato
There is no where near enough to fill my 110ltr tank. Only about 10 in there which I moved from a small 27L shrimp only tank. I moved them as babies but now some are about an inch long already :p

Soldato
10 in a large tank will take some time to get going again. Likewise the fish could be annoying the females which will mean they will not breed. You need lots of hides in a mixed tank.

Soldato
What’s a good light to get my plants growing? 160 litre jewel deep tank
Jewel tanks are a bit of a pain because the lights are built into the lid. You can retrofit some LEDs, Fluval Aquasky will go in without modifications, I think they come with mounts which slot into a normal T5 fitting, you’ll need two.

Otherwise you are messing around with the lid or losing it all together.

Soldato
Babies seem to be doing well and growing, think they're too big for the green neon tetras too eat, plus there's plenty of hiding spots. Flame moss has turned into a colony.

yDYxbCB.jpg

79VNZmN.jpg

2GxUrNQ.jpg

I don't know whether it's because I'm using RO water or because the planets are in aliment, but other then on the rocks, I've not had a single bit of algae, not had to clean the glass once.
Which is a huge relief of after the nuclear algae I had on my last tank.

Caporegime
I'm looking for a small tropical freshwater tank to either go on my desk or close to it, and I was wondering what sort of recommendations people might suggest?

Budget - none really, though I don't see the point of spending silly money.

Ideally, I would like to keep some fish in it so I'm assuming it would need to be around 45 litres / 10 gallons as a minimum?

I saw this one on Charterhouse and I have good things about their products as a whole before:
https://charterhouse-aquatics.com/shop/aquatics/aquariums/aquastyle

Thoughts?

Edit: just realised that the aquarium in the link is only 16 litres (so not even 5 gallons?), though I may still opt for Eheim as a make.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a big fan of my Aqua One AquaNano 40, which is 55l.
Comes with a built in filter and lighting.

https://www.aquaone.co.uk/focus.php?product_range=AquaNano

They do bigger and smaller sizes in that range.

In my tank, I only keep shrimp and 10 green tetras.

Think mine came with a heater as well, only additional part I bought was a spray bar for the powerhead.

Edit - Excuse the poor pictures, but to give you an idea of the filter compartment behind the tank.

Pk8IcFk.jpg

xAZaTz1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So guys I've been given a stem plant (small circular leaves off the stem), don't know which species that I'm having a nightmare with in keeping it from floating about my tank!

I don't have aquarium soil, just about a half inch of crushed gravel and because the roots are so small I can't get it to stay planted. I was thinking about getting some aquarium weights but I've read a lot of stuff about lead weights causing issues for livestock. Any suggestions?

Soldato
You can get plant weights from most aquarium stores. There isn’t anything wrong with using those other then they look a bit naff.

The depth of the gravel is likely what’s causing it not to anchor not the gravel it’s self. Have you got any spare stones you can move temporarily? Just pop a small stone on the base of the plant to hold it down while it roots, no need to buy anything.

Soldato
Don't use the lead ones though. It will slowly leach in to the water :/

Plants probably won't grow well in crushed coral alone though. Or it's not deep enough. I grow them in just sand, but for most other plants I use small ceramic pots with some soil subtrate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Contemplating breaking tank down as hopefully moving but new place has no room for a 5x5x2.
Just been on ultimate reef as i thought they had a classified but seems to be a swap shop now, anyone know best place for mp40s, radions and other bits, just looking at prices at the moment as I've still got boxes so could just see how it goes.

Soldato
Contemplating breaking tank down as hopefully moving but new place has no room for a 5x5x2.
Just been on ultimate reef as i thought they had a classified but seems to be a swap shop now, anyone know best place for mp40s, radions and other bits, just looking at prices at the moment as I've still got boxes so could just see how it goes.

Ultimatereef does have a classified section.

Back
Top Bottom