• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
For reference Radeon VII/Vega 20 is 381mm so this ought to compete with the 2080ti at the very least.

Vega and gcn is not what to look at. The 5700xt Navi is our new base, my questions would be how does it scale up to a full size design and is there more improvements ipc wise. It's a guessing game really but Navi (5700xt) was definitely a step forward over GCN which was getting long in the tooth. If they can catch up power usage wise towards performance there might be some hope. I ain't gonna hold my breath as Nvidia have had an up hand for many years. AMD just keep giving me the right performance at the what i will pay. Would love some competition though as that's the only way i will get more performance for the same or less money.

Permabanned
1Zr.gif

59225844-emoticon-showing-thumbs-up.jpg

AMD's high-end Navi GPU details: twice as fast as Radeon RX 5700 XT?!
AMD's next-gen Navi 21 GPU: massive 505mm2 die, 12-16GB of GDDR6 -- and SUPER fast!

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/6954...tails-twice-fast-radeon-rx-5700-xt/index.html

Soldato
Tbf AMD are just 'joining' nVidia's party at the new increased price-points instead of coming in significantly under, but who can blame them!? They're there to make money after all...
Are you so quick to forget that it was AMD who brought the RTX cards down from ridiculous level down to more sane level? Remember 2060 6GB at $349 and 2070 at $499? Now people get faster cards from Nvidia at the same prices as a reaction to AMD.

And did you also forget that Nvidia had the nerve to stack the pricing of 20 series cards on top of the dated 10 series cards rather than replacing them like how moving gen normal works, due to them made too many chips out of greed, and AIB partners and consumers were the ones end up paying/absorbing the cost for their gambling mistake?

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
Are you so quick to forget that it was AMD who brought the RTX cards down from ridiculous level down to more sane level? Remember 2060 6GB at $349 and 2070 at $499? Now people get faster cards from Nvidia at the same prices as a reaction to AMD.

And did you also forget that Nvidia had the nerve to stack the pricing of 20 series cards on top of the dated 10 series cards rather than replacing them like how moving gen normal works, due to them made too many chips out of greed, and AIB partners and consumers were the ones end up paying/absorbing the cost for their gambling mistake?

While your rewriting history, can you change last week's winning lottery numbers to mine please.;)

Caporegime
I forgot nothing, but I do remember AMD's original pricing on the 5700-series and then having the gumption to even think we'd swallow that bull**** line about 'fooling' nVidia with their original high pricing and only lowering it once the internets got mad :D

Soldato
Yeah NVIDIA would never fall for that old trick, they just charge ££££££ and to hell with the “internet’s” ;)

NVIDIA have set the new “ceiling” prices for GPUs, we can’t now blame AMD if they join in. We can only hope that AMD return to the “high end” and stick it to NVIDIA like they have done INTEL.

Last edited:
Soldato
This place is more like an economics forum than a technology forum.

Dear boy, if you want to read half-baked armchair economist theories over and over, then the OcUK CPU and Graphics sections are the place for you! :o

Soldato
I forgot nothing, but I do remember AMD's original pricing on the 5700-series and then having the gumption to even think we'd swallow that bull**** line about 'fooling' nVidia with their original high pricing and only lowering it once the internets got mad :D
Is it really so hard to believe that AMD played Nvidia with misdirection?

I mean Nvidia literally been pulling the same crap of launch new cards that are only just barely faster but just enough to coming out slightly on top of AMD's offerings (because of their tendency of not wanting to give users too much performance) for how man gens now? With Nvidia so comfortably marching down the same path in the exact same way with everyone who's not blind knowing their their pattern, is it so hard to believe it is not exactly difficult nor does it take a genius to simply stick a leg out to trip them over?

Fact was that the AMD cards never did hit the shelves with the quote on quote "original price", yet you people still mad and itching about AMD because Nvidia rules and AMD sucks right?

Associate
Anyone feel whatever they bring out will be an anti climax? I was hoping that navi would compete with a 2080, not struggle against a 2070. Don't have high hopes these will be competitive at the high end.

Caporegime
Is it really so hard to believe that AMD played Nvidia with misdirection?

Yes, because they've never shown an ounce of such nous before then and likely will never again. Doesn't take anything away from the card though and they're pretty good bar the driver niggles. Hopefully Big Navi shows up soon to put nVidia on their ass for a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom