**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
By the look of it at the moment, the Redmi K30 hasn't had a global release as of yet - it'll more than likely be released as a Xiaomi handset in early 2020 for the Western markets that like us use Band 20.

If you're looking to go back to a Xiaomi, I highly recommend the Mi 9T - I reckon you would much prefer it. The K30 is a massive let down in my opinion.

Liam.

I had a look at the Mi 9T but it's the big 6.67" screen of the K30 that interests me. Also the Android 10. :)

Soldato
I know its a tablet but wondering if anybody owns mi pad 4, any good ? Looking to buy tablet for watching movies, YouTube, twitch.

I got the 4GB/64GB version as a replacement for an nVidia Shield tablet, and it's vastly superior in terms of performance and battery life. Only annoyances were having to import it from HK and having to sideload the Google Play store. I haven't tried the LTE on it so I can't comment on connectivity, but I am very happy with it as something to watch films and browsing the web when I want something with a bigger screen than my phone.

Associate
Thanks for that guys, sounds good. Think will just get WiFi version and find a good ROM for it. Might keep MIUI as already have Xiaomi phone so use to OS.

Associate
How good is the camera on the Mi 9T Pro? I know the spec of the actual phone will be fast for day to day things but interested in knowing about the camera for day to day snaps of dog walks and when on holiday? Does it carry it's own or does it mush things up? On par with older Pixels? Seems a lot of spec for the money.

Soldato
Hi guys, wondering if someone could help, as I've more recently moved to iOS and have lost track of the Android Chinese market. I am looking for a phone for my mum, as my old Nexus 6P she is using seems to have mic issues and hearing her is very difficult in a call. Budget is about £150 tops.

* Large screen definately a requirement.
* 64gb internal storage.
* USB-C for charging is important due to all the 'C' devices in this household.
* Android wise, I'd like to be as bloat free as possible.

* Camera isn't of importance.
* SD Card support isn't required since she doesn't take photos much.

I don't know what Xiaomi and Huawei are like these days when it comes to bundled apps and I'd prefer to keep those to a minimum. I think I saw a 'Mate Lite' phone on Amazon over Christmas for a decent price but I forgot to jump onto it. Thanks all.

Associate
Hi guys, wondering if someone could help, as I've more recently moved to iOS and have lost track of the Android Chinese market. I am looking for a phone for my mum, as my old Nexus 6P she is using seems to have mic issues and hearing her is very difficult in a call. Budget is about £150 tops.

* 64gb internal storage.

I don't know what Xiaomi and Huawei are like these days when it comes to bundled apps and I'd prefer to keep those to a minimum. I think I saw a 'Mate Lite' phone on Amazon over Christmas for a decent price but I forgot to jump onto it. Thanks all.
I would look at this , great phone for the money...

https://www.johnlewis.com/motorola-...MI9eOZh9bi5gIVFODtCh0I3gl5EAUYASABEgKQAPD_BwE

Associate
How do you find the camera? A good everyday snapper? Any issues?

I bought it as a christmas present for my wife, she loves it. No complaints or grumbles from her. She hasn't really explored the multi lens camera or used the pro / AI modes but she seems happy. I suspect most users won't push the camera to its limits. I think GCAM maybe coming available for the MI9T pro but I haven't looked into it in depth though.

Soldato

* 64gb internal storage.

Redmi note 7 or 8, pro or non pro are good bang for buck.

Miui is a nice OS also.

Soldato
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a remdi note 8 Pro from Toby deals at £182. Tell me why I should/shouldn't?

I had an older version of the redmi note a few years ago and I remember the battery was excellent but the phone was just a little.... Unrefined?

I'm currently on an LG G6. I just worry about a laggy frustrating phone in this budget range.

Soldato
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a remdi note 8 Pro from Toby deals at £182. Tell me why I should/shouldn't?

I had an older version of the redmi note a few years ago and I remember the battery was excellent but the phone was just a little.... Unrefined?

I'm currently on an LG G6. I just worry about a laggy frustrating phone in this budget range.
Just had delivery of my daughters new Redmi Note 8 4gb ram/64gb rom, she previously had the redmi 5 plus, this is a nice step up from what I've seen so far, need to play with the cameras as first couple of pics were very touched up/beautified looking.
£146 global edition in blue, got it on ebay and apart from the usual euro plug, We've no complaints, its sat happily on giffgaff 4g and I will be getting a spare 18w charger for it.

Back
Top Bottom