Mifi Wireless Bridge router?

Associate
Hey all... I'm currently running a TP-Link M7650 and really happy with the service in my area. Not to mention that I'm only spending €20 per month for an unlimited super fast connection. Anyway... I have a dual ethernet gigabit NAS that I'm trying to connect to my network. I've had it working really slowly on a 2.4GHz bridged basic wireless router and looking for suggestions for a 4 port Gigabit Ethernet, 5GHz router that can help me speed things up... Any suggestions? I've been battling for 2 days with an old Linksys EA6400 I had lying around and DD-WRT but i've finally given up as, like everyone else says,... It's a piece of scrap.

Last edited:
Soldato
If I understand your opening post you just want to replace your mifi device with an LTE router that supports wired Ethernet LAN ports? If so, and you like TP-Link kit, then the MR600 would do for just over £100. I’ve used an MR200 before without issue which is its cheaper sibling if high WiFi performance isn’t a desire.

Associate
If I understand your opening post you just want to replace your mifi device with an LTE router that supports wired Ethernet LAN ports? If so, and you like TP-Link kit, then the MR600 would do for just over £100. I’ve used an MR200 before without issue which is its cheaper sibling if high WiFi performance isn’t a desire.
Would the MR200 not satisfy the requirements ?

Associate
OP

So the reason I discounted that solution is that my current connection, M7650, is running at nearly its top end potential of 600Mbps. This option would half my connection speed.

And just to add that I like the aggregated Gigs Eth option of the C2300 so my NAS, at least internally, could run at "up to" 2Gig

Not 100% in love with TP Link but definitely 100% out of love with Linksys

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What about Mikrotik Wireless Wire at $199/£169?
https://mikrotik.com/product/wireless_wire[/QUOTE]

That's kind of just a LOS bridging or AP solution which, much like the Ubiquiti Nano, is more for range than what I'm looking for. I'm essentially looking to add fast aggregated eth ports to my network and send it over 5GHz to my M7650.

Would consider plugging via USB the M7650 if anyone knows of a possible router that supports this.

Soldato
That's kind of just a LOS bridging or AP solution which, much like the Ubiquiti Nano, is more for range than what I'm looking for. I'm essentially looking to add fast aggregated eth ports to my network and send it over 5GHz to my M7650.

Would consider plugging via USB the M7650 if anyone knows of a possible router that supports this.

It’s not about range, it’s about the fact that this is a 60GHz solution that will give 1Gbps throughput over wireless. There is nothing on the market quite like it (although UBNT are going to release something similar soon). A UniFi HDNano will get you about half the speed of the wireless wire.

You can add aggregated Ethernet ports to your switch as much as you like but the wireless wire is the fastest wireless solution on the market you need a Home Office licence for. And even then it’s only half what the aggregated link will theoretically transfer.

How fast do you think 5GHz AC wireless is?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom