Samsung TV no longer streams from Win10 laptop

Soldato
For over two years now I've been able to stream videos stored in the Videos folder on my Win10 Lenovo T470 laptop via my Samsung UE55MU7000 TV. Today it stopped working and I can't fix it.

Under 'Source' on the TV it still sees my laptop, but when selecting it, instead of showing several folders to choose from it now just shows the network name of the laptop at the top and a blank white screen. I've been through every setting I can think of on the laptop to no avail.

Media streaming is enabled under Advanced Sharing Settings - none of the settings in there have been changed from the configuration that has always previously worked
Network Discovery - on
File & Printer sharing - on
Public Folder sharing - on

I didn't previously have to share any folders specifically for it to work, but I've manually shared the Videos folder anyway to be sure, still no joy.

A couple of updates took place today, including updating to Win10 1909 - but I've rolled that back to 1903 and it's still not working. The BIOS updated today too as part of automated Lenovo updates but not sure if that would have any relevance here. I've also checked for updates on the TV but it's up to date.

Any ideas? It's driving me mad.

Soldato
OP
Solved - removed the TV from the list of connected devices and allowed the laptop to find it again, it doesn't seem to know the name any more (previously it showed as Samsung + model name) but I can now see and play videos again so I'm (mainly my kids are) happy.

Back
Top Bottom