Best 32GB RAM option for 3900X

Associate
A quick question with hopefully a quick answer.

Looking to pick up a new Ryzen 3900X setup in the next few days and would like to know what the best option for 32GB of RAM would be. (yes I do want 32GB of RAM so as much I appreciate anyone suggesting 16GB setups it's not a valid config for my use.)

Thanks

Man of Honour
A quick question with hopefully a quick answer.

Looking to pick up a new Ryzen 3900X setup in the next few days and would like to know what the best option for 32GB of RAM would be. (yes I do want 32GB of RAM so as much I appreciate anyone suggesting 16GB setups it's not a valid config for my use.)

Thanks
Do you know what motherboard you'll be getting as well?

Associate
OP
What’s the reason for such an expensive board?
I've always tended to pick a board a bit higher up the range as you usually just get a better designed and built bit of kit with better components. As I expect to get a few years out of it is it really worth fussing over a hundred pounds or so?

My current setup is a Asus X99 Deluxe bought in 2014.

Soldato
I've always tended to pick a board a bit higher up the range as you usually just get a better designed and built bit of kit with better components. As I expect to get a few years out of it is it really worth fussing over a hundred pounds or so?

Fair enough, only reason I asked was because I had the Aorus ultra x570 but changed it and went for the Aorus elite instead @ £100 cheaper.

Haven’t noticed any difference yet going to a cheaper board and I’m using the 3950x.

Soldato

Yeah I think things are different now. I wouldn't go for these expensive boards. They are also consumer rather than prosumer like the x79/x99.

I'm thinking ultra, but likely elite. Ultra would just be to cover the fan and looks.

Soldato
Once you have the sticks be sure to use the DRAM calculator to get optimal settings, you may be able to tighten up the timings with a smidge more voltage.

Back
Top Bottom