Great PC games for young children

Associate
Hi all,

My two young chiildren, 7 and 4, have both enjoyed playing Overcooked and I'm looking for recommendations for other games that would be good for them to play, co-operative games favoured!

Anyone got any solid recommendations?

Particularly looking for games that are easy to pick up for them with simple controls.

If you have a controller recommendation, see my thread here

l0z

l0z

Associate
Overcooked is brilliant. My 5 year old loves co-op Gauntlet (2014). Also Tricky Towers, Rocket League, Minecraft, When Ski Lifts Go Wrong.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Untitled Goose Game.

Very simple premise but your kids will probably enjoy it.

£5.99 on the Epic store with one of their £10 off purchases over £15 vouchers.

Soldato
If you get Minecraft, get the JAVA one.

Bedrock (Xbox/Windows Store edition) is stuffed with ads for DLC.

JAVA is pure Minecraft, the way it is meant to be played.

Soldato
My 3y and 6y old love the Lego games, have got most of them and completed quite a few. They both play using Xbox one controllers, although the 3y sometimes struggles as she has smaller hands than her brother. The CO-OP function is great for them..

Soldato
I've just been letting them use the normal PS4 ones, but they are a bit big. Theres a new lego star wars game coming out, might be worth getting that for them.

Associate
Deffo get the lego ones. Maybe the original star wars collection, think it's a lot easier for youngsters as there's no free roam, it's pretty much all mission based. The later games open up the world but I find it can be a bit harder for my 6yr old as he'd rather just do the stories.
My 3yr old joins in and is slowly getting used to xbox controller

Soldato
My son (now 10) has been PC gaming since he was around 4 or 5.

He started with the Lego games (Lego Batman 2 if my memory serves), and till about a year ago we used to get every new lego game and coop them together.

After I got him his own PC he progressed onto Minecraft (he even got the hand of installing a few mods himself).

Now he is starting to work on a few Sim Cityesque games.....Parkasaurus etc.

He pays Brawlhalla local coop with his friends, and on a Sunday we both do Destiny 2.

In short, plenty of options.

Associate
Riverbond is a great game for local co-op with children (up to 4 players I think). It's free on the Game Pass as well if you have it.

Minecraft storymode is not to everyone's taste but can be fun.

Back
Top Bottom