Brand new HP omen 17, blank screen on boot help please

Associate
I got the hp omen 17 deliverd today from ocuk, this one:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/hp-o...z-intel-i7-9750h-gaming-laptop-lt-04a-hp.html

It boots, i can hear corta talk about random stuff. I can connect it to an external tv and see the boot screen through the external display. Screen on and off keyboard shortcuts make no difference. Battery is sealed inside so im not opening it up. Have held the power button down for 15 seconds as per hp help website. No effect.

Any ideas or is it just a busted screen?

Thanks

Soldato
As its arrived like that I would just go straight back to OCUK and get it replaced. It shouldn't arrive like that full stop.

Could be a bad connection, failed screen, anything, but not worth doing anything that could make it worse.

Last edited:
Gangster
OcUK Staff
Hi,

It sounds like a faulty screen. Please call our support team this morning and ask them to pick it up and get it replaced. Due to the limited stock I will ask them to try and hold a replacement unit so they can replace it right away. If you let me know when you have the RMA number I can link the stock with it.

Edit: I just realised this is a few days old and I can see that you have a replacement order on the system so you are already assigned the stock.

Associate
OP
Hi thanks for the reply. Apprently its in the wherehouse waiting to be dispatched, its been way since yesterday, do you know what the wait time is in dispatches?
Thanks

Associate
OP
ended up getting two different units, the same laptop, both had massive problems. first was just dead on arrival and looked like a graphics problem.

the second unit worked okay and ran crysis 3 but ended up totally losing power when I ran battlefield 5, it was like someone removed the battery or a short circuit. then its battery drained in seconds and wouldn't boot at all. ocuk were really helpful and even refunded my postage.

just orderd a new amd system instead and am thinking about putting a little screen on my xbox one x for portable gaming gaga

Back
Top Bottom