RC cars

Don
It should have a storage charge option on the charger.
Don't leave them more than 24hrs with charge in them as it's not healthy.
It can take a while depending on how much power is left in them. Discharging is usually at only 1 amp so a lot slower than charging.

Yeah it has the storage option. How do you know how much charge is left in the battery?

Associate
@Andybtsn - you got a great deal there !!

It wasn't so good today for us.
I took my son to a park to have a play around with his car and for me to test out the Revo.

So we are in a massive field, 5 mins in I've stopped the Revo to take some photos and he drives his car at full speed into the side of the Revo braking the top and bottom chassis of his car.

He was upset but I said it's an easy replacement and let him go with the Revo.
After a while he's getting a bit more confident so is using more power, but after a few mins he drives the Revo into the back of his broken car on the floor, smashing up the rear suspension.

oops :p

Some repair work to do here :(
The Revo is fine :)
Shows how strong the Revo is :D
Full chassis rebuild on the way there for you guys to enjoy. Best part of RC tbh :D

Associate
Soldato
Shows how strong the Revo is :D
Full chassis rebuild on the way there for you guys to enjoy. Best part of RC tbh :D
The Revo sure is strong, the Vantage hit it side on at full speed and it didn’t even move. must have been like hitting a brick wall :D

I’m looking forward to the repair, I was disappointed when the cars arrived ready to run and didn’t need building up.

Soldato
Arrma outcast 6s owner here, after 10 years out of the hobby I got back into it a few months ago, to say the outcast is good is an understatement and I'm only running it on 4s and it's still very quick on the fast pinion!

Still got my 26cc fg monster truck and the engine kicked in first time after 10 years sitting there but going sell it this year as it's huge.

Andy, the granite shocks leak oil, prob one of the upgrades you need to do as there is nothing that fixes them, also make sure the slipper is set correctly plenty of YouTube vids on that.

Hopefully getting the outcast out today with my.nephew and his carnage, also need to test my new dual charger out :)

Associate
Those things are beasts. They weigh 9kg, are over half a meter wide and do 50mph+ :eek:
They certainly are, and one of the toughest bashers around by all accounts! Just have to find somewhere suitable to use it now though, have been over to Nene Valley Raceway with it but it's not really suitable for there so need to find a quiet BMX track or skatepark to give it some proper abuse.

I do have a Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate as well, but unfortunately the motor is dead in it and all my spare cash is going into the X Maxx at the moment :(

Soldato
to find a quiet BMX track or skatepark to give it some proper abuse.
I live on the door step of an awesome skate park and BMX track which hosted a World Champs event a couple of years ago. Only problem is they are both fenced off; the skate park only opens at the weekend and costs £4 to use and the track isn’t open to the general public :(

Associate
Here's the beast, although the pictures don't do the size of the thing justice (is 20.5" wide x 14" tall x 30" long):)

F3z59Yn.jpg
LoOyApo.jpg

Last edited:
Don
Andy, the granite shocks leak oil, prob one of the upgrades you need to do as there is nothing that fixes them, also make sure the slipper is set correctly plenty of YouTube vids on that.

Cheers, yeah Usel posted a video of someone replacing the shocks, I might look into it as my first mini project.

@dhill, quality. All I've done since getting the truck is watch just about every youtube vid on various RC runarounds

Soldato
We went again today with the E-Revo and with more practice my kid is improving his R/C control. I tried a few skate park jumps but failed miserably. Also need to stiffen up the rear as it's very nose light.

Got a great photo of it in motion

49327999546_fc7e7125fb_o.jpg

alx

alx

Soldato
Arrma outcast 6s owner here, after 10 years out of the hobby I got back into it a few months ago, to say the outcast is good is an understatement and I'm only running it on 4s and it's still very quick on the fast pinion!

Still got my 26cc fg monster truck and the engine kicked in first time after 10 years sitting there but going sell it this year as it's huge.

Hopefully getting the outcast out today with my.nephew and his carnage, also need to test my new dual charger out :)

Regarding the Granite shocks, on the Arrma forums various people have had success adding extra o-rings into the shocks to stop oil leaks (easy/simple job to do). As standard they only have two o-rings which seems to be the weak point.

alx

alx

Soldato
Cheers, yeah Usel posted a video of someone replacing the shocks, I might look into it as my first mini project.

@dhill, quality. All I've done since getting the truck is watch just about every youtube vid on various RC runarounds

Regarding Granite replacement shocks, check out this post on the Arrma forums, towards the bottom are the recommendations for the 3S models: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

I've also seen these shocks recommendeded: https://www.ebay.com/itm/102-115MM-...hash=item2f33f03f69:m:myM6k1znWB8hPKbOvLQiHuw

Don
Regarding Granite replacement shocks, check out this post on the Arrma forums, towards the bottom are the recommendations for the 3S models: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

I've also seen these shocks recommendeded: https://www.ebay.com/itm/102-115MM-...hash=item2f33f03f69:m:myM6k1znWB8hPKbOvLQiHuw

Thanks. It seems difficult to get these parts in the UK then?

I rebuilt the Tamiya's gearbox and reoiled it, runs waaaaay better now, there were clear issues as only one of the wheels was going round half the time.

Back
Top Bottom