RC cars

Don
Just the upload my video from the other day, its pretty lame compared to all the footage I've watched in the past few days, but a start! I'm off out for another bash shortly now the Lunchbox is fixed. It's all filmed on an iPhone, by an 8 year old :p - I'm not sure what was the biggest hindrance, the small skate park or my son getting in the way..

I needed to learn to edit video as I have numerous of events I need to sort so at least gave me some reason to use the software I had.

Try floureon batteries, 3s 5500mah. Can get them for around £28 a pack. Been using two in 6s on my e-revo and hobao hyper vse. Mate is running a 3s 5500 on his arrma big rock. Both of us are impressed. We also use them daily at work, so give them a good work out:
So much cheaper than alternative brands too.

Have you got a link for these batteries? I might get a couple - thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Just the upload my video from the other day, its pretty lame compared to all the footage I've watched in the past few days, but a start! I'm off out for another bash shortly now the Lunchbox is fixed. It's all filmed on an iPhone, by an 8 year old :p - I'm not sure what was the biggest hindrance, the small skate park or my son getting in the way..

I needed to learn to edit video as I have numerous of events I need to sort so at least gave me some reason to use the software I had.

Have you got a link for these batteries? I might get a couple - thanks
They are on a popular auction site.

I made an offer and bought them for 28 quid a pack, guy at work did the same too.

I took a look when you posted a couple of days ago.
I found plenty of 3S Lipo 11.1V 5500mAh 35C batteries for around £29 with the Deans connector. For any other connector they are harder to find and more expensive. I found nothing significantly cheaper for the Traxxas connector worth taking the eBay risk and wait for shipping.

alx

alx

Soldato
Does anyone have experience of the JLB Racing Cheetah (11101) 120A 1/10th scale truck? I was originally thinking of getting an Arrma Granite 4x4 3S, however I've seen a few popular RC channels now recommend the JLB Cheetah as it's a bit of a bargain at £280 including a 3S lipo and charger - so completely ready to run. Considering I'd be spending £375+ on a Granite including battery and charger it's quite a difference.

Associate
Does anyone have experience of the JLB Racing Cheetah (11101) 120A 1/10th scale truck? I was originally thinking of getting an Arrma Granite 4x4 3S, however I've seen a few popular RC channels now recommend the JLB Cheetah as it's a bit of a bargain at £280 including a 3S lipo and charger - so completely ready to run. Considering I'd be spending £375+ on a Granite including battery and charger it's quite a difference.

If getting one outside of Europe just be careful that you may get custom charges.

Soldato
I took a look when you posted a couple of days ago.
I found plenty of 3S Lipo 11.1V 5500mAh 35C batteries for around £29 with the Deans connector. For any other connector they are harder to find and more expensive. I found nothing significantly cheaper for the Traxxas connector worth taking the eBay risk and wait for shipping.

I just put XT60 on, I don't use traxxas connectors

alx

alx

Soldato
If getting one outside of Europe just be careful that you may get custom charges.

I can buy it here from a couple of (local) online retailers and a local hobby store for around the same price (£280). Both Amazon AE and DesertCart seem to stock most of the spare parts, as well as Banggood.

The Arrma Granite seems much harder to get hold of, nowhere here stocks the brand, with only DesertCart selling the Granite for around £325.

Associate
I can buy it here from a couple of (local) online retailers and a local hobby store for around the same price (£280). Both Amazon AE and DesertCart seem to stock most of the spare parts, as well as Banggood.

The Arrma Granite seems much harder to get hold of, nowhere here stocks the brand, with only DesertCart selling the Granite for around £325.

Not used the JLB myself but does seem a strong car for the money and fast from what I have seen in youtube.

I think Arrma will improve stock in the UK but who knows how long it will take. Arrma is a British company but now American owned so I guess all the stock is going straight to the States.

Don
Not used the JLB myself but does seem a strong car for the money and fast from what I have seen in youtube.

I think Arrma will improve stock in the UK but who knows how long it will take. Arrma is a British company but now American owned so I guess all the stock is going straight to the States.

Think the guy is in Dubai so means there rather than the UK.

Soldato
So I added another car to the collection today - Traxxas Rustler VXL
My boy liked the Revo but it was a bit too big and powerful for him This is strong, more chuck able and basically a downscaled Revo.

I've also fixed up the Vantage so all ready to roll :)

49339762333_5cc1ab2e9c_o.jpg

49340441867_347f33a3fc_o.jpg

Don
Very nice. Get that Revo cleaned :p

I'm also at the point of just buying a new one for my lad, although the daughter seems more interested in the hobby. Everytime I think the Lunchbox is fixed, we get to the park and it lasts 10 seconds before dying and then he's gutted.

Soldato
Iw as going to get one of those Rustlers but then saw the price, I'm not going to bother googling a new revo :(
It makes me wonder if it's worth converting my two old 1.10th Tamiya RC Cars to lipo.

Permabanned
Is the dog enjoying it or scared to death. :D

Had a Tamiya Wild Willy ;) 30 years ago, damn thing was indestructible, so well made.

Kids dont seem hugely interested but may have to buy a decent RC for myself them anyway.

Don
Is the dog enjoying it or scared to death. :D

Had a Tamiya Wild Willy ;) 30 years ago, damn thing was indestructible, so well made.

Kids dont seem hugely interested but may have to buy a decent RC for myself them anyway.

She is a typical small dog, runs after it then ends up being chased by it :) Most of the cuts in that vid are me giving the boy a rollocking :D

Soldato
Gents, is there a limit to what kind of battery you can put in a car? Example, could I get a 3s lipo and use it in the Tamiya and my Arrma? I'm wary of what it could do to the Lunchbox..

Depends what the ESC is rated for. Wouldn't try too much in the Tamiya as the drive train won't be able to handle it.

Soldato
We took these two brutes for a spin today - I'm starting to learn balancing jumps more now. Just need the Spring/Summer to come for some dry & dusty runs :D

49367641161_9a848f963a_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom