Things to do near Munich/ Bavaria in February

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Hi All

Me and my other half have a long weekend in Munich (Over there for work reasons) in mid-February and are looking for things to do, perhaps in the Alpine region just south of Munich?
She will be 4 months pregnant when we go, so skiing and anything else too strenuous is off the table.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do or places to stay? I am guessing Munich itself will be pretty grim/ cold. The Neuschwanstein Castle could be pretty cool, and perhaps a nice alpine spa/ hotel, but other than that we are a bit stuck for ideas. Any recommendations welcome! We will have a car.

Soldato
Neuschwanstein is great, theres a few more ludwig castles in the region are amazing, his "hunting lodge" is something else inside (mini versailles)

You can also do the deutsches museum in munich, several days (and i mean days) of scientific/engineering nerdery to be had there.

Also in munich the bmw factory tour/museum is pretty good if your into that sort of thing, its a long ish walk but not too exhausting.

Ulm cathedral is also spectacular but i wouldnt suggest going up the spire as being light duty, the town is a pretty nice place to walk around.

Man of Honour
A definite thumbs up for the various Deutches Museums but possibly a bit blokey...

Don’t forget that you can get a train to Salzburg easily and it’s dirt cheap with the local travel card. Plenty of things to see for Mozart or Sound of Music fans.

Back
Top Bottom