• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New US$85 - Ryzen 5 1600 AF - 6-core 12-thread CPU

Soldato
Yes, it is available in the UK, several places have them in stock and they are selling at ~£85. It's my go to chip for super budget build that need a discrete GPU as well, it has been available for a few months now, just not many people knew about it until now. Also you find that most places won't help you with what stock they have, but the new parts are much cheaper than the older AE stock.

Soldato
Yes, it is available in the UK, several places have them in stock and they are selling at ~£85. It's my go to chip for super budget build that need a discrete GPU as well, it has been available for a few months now, just not many people knew about it until now. Also you find that most places won't help you with what stock they have, but the new parts are much cheaper than the older AE stock.
I have checked 11 sites and found nothing.

Associate
Can confirm they have them in the UK, been running one for about a week, for £85 it's pretty phenomenal. The only bad thing is it comes with the wraith stealth rather than the copper based spire the 1600's used to have. Not exactly a deal breaker.

Last edited:
Associate
Did your board need a bios update before it would boot the new version?
No bios update required, just went with el cheapo asrock b450m hdv and 16gb of corsair 3200mhz ram. I've not tried any clocking yet because the wraith stealth doesn't fill me with confidence (Hitting 80c on all core boost 3.6ghz) and none of the tower coolers I've got kicking about support am4.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought a few of the really cheap £7-8 auction site dual fan tower coolers and they are great for this sort of CPU/budget, after selling the Wraith Stealth for about £5, it's only a few pounds extra. I am only meaning for super budget machines mind you. not something where you can afford an extra £10 for a far superior cooler.

Stock seems to be in and out all over the place, so if you are actively looking for one might be worth calling OCUK to see where they stand on getting these in, or anywhere else for that matter.

Associate
I bought a few of the really cheap £7-8 auction site dual fan tower coolers and they are great for this sort of CPU/budget, after selling the Wraith Stealth for about £5, it's only a few pounds extra. I am only meaning for super budget machines mind you. not something where you can afford an extra £10 for a far superior cooler.

Stock seems to be in and out all over the place, so if you are actively looking for one might be worth calling OCUK to see where they stand on getting these in, or anywhere else for that matter.
Excellent, I'll have a look in a bit, cheers mate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm I've not been able to find somewhere with one of these even listed as stock..

Search by the product code listed above: YD1600BBAFBOX by @hominid.

The processor wont necessarily be sold as a "1600 AF" -- it'll just be listed as a 1600, you'll have to match the product code to find it.

Associate
I haven't spent too long searching but the only place I could find selling a 1600 with the AF code is asking £125 which makes it pointless.

The GN review surprisingly just focused on the av framerate but the 0.1% low figures they give looked very good. It would be interesting to see the charts sorted on that instead of av rate. It would also be interesting to hear how it handles ram modules speed.

I have been trying to decide what to upgrade my R1200 to for a while and I would be tempted by one these as a stopgap if the price was £85.

Associate
The listing has the old AE part number and specs it as 14nm but it would be odd if they are announcing a new order of the original 1600 so I guess they have just used an old spec and the chips will be the new AF ones. Hopefully someone from ocuk will confirm.

OcUK Staff
I notice on the sales page 1600's are listed as Pre order and being reputedly available on the 8th? So will these be the AF's or the earlier version? @Gibbo

They are the original version, AF's so far seem unavailable and getting nothing as an official response from AMD, but I found some of the old ones going cheap so grabbed them as did a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom