Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi all,

Im having problems getting my lances to connect to the K4 washer, It was fine one day - and now none fit

Ive tried proper ramming it in (giggity) but it just wont budge
any ideas?

I ended up cleaning then lightly greasing all of my ends (giggity) and they’ve all been great. Made a big difference. I just used standard lithium grease but something else might be more suitable. Obviously don’t just glob it on!

Associate
Whats the best way of quick cleaning a car thats on the road (or away from home) ?

would buying one of those portable water jet things be best here ?

Take cleaning supplies to a garage that has a jet wash I guess? Failing that your idea would likely also work, neither is going to be paricularly convenient though!

Soldato
Anyone got any tips for cleaning the inside of a windscreen? I tried to give it a wipe while giving my new car its first wash this passed weekend and instantly regretted every life choice I've made that led me to that decision. Streaks everywhere. It's like the dealer coated it, somehow.

Soldato
Anyone got any tips for cleaning the inside of a windscreen? I tried to give it a wipe while giving my new car its first wash this passed weekend and instantly regretted every life choice I've made that led me to that decision. Streaks everywhere. It's like the dealer coated it, somehow.

I use stoner invisible glass and some lint free cloths, does a good job cutting through grime etc.

Soldato
Two cloths. One to clean (a wet cloth do to speak), and a cloth for buffing (a dry cloth). Easiest way I've found. Don't underestimate the use of a cream-based glass polish to remove really greasy or nasty dirt (Autoglym Glass Polish is very good).

Associate
Anyone near Stoke interested in ceramic coating and seeing them in person my detailer is holding an open day tomorrow.

We have an open day tomorrow. Saturday 25th January 9am-3pm.

Demonstration washes with two previously CarPro Cquartz ceramic silica coated cars.

The first five customers spending £20 or more will also receive an awesome free gift!

Auto Detailing Supplies Ltd
39 Duke Street
Fenton ST4 3PA

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3413654122042340&id=448521415222307

Soldato
Are you supposed to use a jet washer with that Auto wheels cleaner, I spray the cleaner on and let it go pink and then spray off with hose but it doesn't clean them as good as I was hoping. Maybe Im not leaving the auto wheel cleaner on long enough either, I don't really time it to be honest, It seems to go pink fairly quick, and then I hose it off. Perhaps I should leave it on longer?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Are you supposed to use a jet washer with that Auto wheels cleaner, I spray the cleaner on and let it go pink and then spray off with hose but it doesn't clean them as good as I was hoping. Maybe Im not leaving the auto wheel cleaner on long enough either, I don't really time it to be honest, It seems to go pink fairly quick, and then I hose it off. Perhaps I should leave it on longer?
Spray on and leave for about 90 seconds. Then agitate with a few brushes and rinse off.

Soldato
Spray on and leave for about 90 seconds. Then agitate with a few brushes and rinse off.

I was hoping not to use a brush with this stuff, I do have one but I used to get half the grime flicked back on myself when I used it before, getting between all the tight bits in the wheel.
I guess I can use a sponge to clean off dirt that auto wheels hasn't removed.

Soldato
Shouldn't have to brush at all. It will help remove some of the more baked on stuff. Really it depends on how long it's been since the wheels were properly cleaned. Baked on brake dust that is many many months old will require agitation. Wheel dirt that's a few weeks old won't need agitation.

Regarding dwell time, can leave it as long as you like (until the point it dries, obviously). The colour change occurs as soon as the reaction starts, but the longer you leave it the more that reaction can progress.

Soldato
Shouldn't have to brush at all. It will help remove some of the more baked on stuff. Really it depends on how long it's been since the wheels were properly cleaned. Baked on brake dust that is many many months old will require agitation. Wheel dirt that's a few weeks old won't need agitation.

Regarding dwell time, can leave it as long as you like (until the point it dries, obviously). The colour change occurs as soon as the reaction starts, but the longer you leave it the more that reaction can progress.
I disagree. You will ALWAYS need to physically agitate the surface of any car (regardless wheels, paintwork, whatever) to get it properly clean. That said, you can get things looking superficially clean with BH Auto Wheel, provided they aren't too bad to begin with.

Underboss
If anyone is reading this tonight, can you give me some interior cleaning tips please ?

hoping to do this tomorrow, after many years of absence lol

got some demon clean for the dash as recommended

windows are my biggest flaw, so require help there mostly, especially front windscreen (glare!)

Soldato
If anyone is reading this tonight, can you give me some interior cleaning tips please ?

hoping to do this tomorrow, after many years of absence lol

got some demon clean for the dash as recommended

windows are my biggest flaw, so require help there mostly, especially front windscreen (glare!)

What tips are you looking for? Start at the top and work down, as with anything. No real secret to interiors, they're simple. Glass is another story, with everyone having their own preferred method. The one I have most success with is to use two cloths. One to clean, one to buff. The cleaning cloth is what picks up all the dirt, grease, and the window cleaner; the buffing cloth should remain dry and only be used to buff streaks out. If you go in perpendicular motions inside vs outside it makes it easier to see if a smear/smudge/dirt is on the inside or outside.

If your glass is very greasy, use APC first, then glass cleaner. You'll need a separate cloth for the APC and glass cleaner (so three in total). If its really very bad with grease, gassed-off products (dash sprays, air fresheners etc) then a good cream-based polish like Autoglym Glass Polish will really make things easier.

Soldato
I find metheylated spirit makes a great glass cleaner. Mix it 1:1 with clean water in a spray bottle and it's cheaper than most dedicated glass cleaners. Shifts dirt and grease well, and evaporates quickly so doesn't leave a lot of streaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom