Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Associate
the side quests (millions of them) are mostly the same. Go here kill/collect that return.

Fun but repetitive.

I hear that! For a good number of those hours played, I was running/sailing the Greek world on odd jobs and bounties. Essentially chasing a way to make enough money to upgrade all my gear cheaply (a losing battle in the end as I always leveled up before getting enough cash for absolutely all my gear lol).

Associate
I'm still not seeing why they haven't done a discovery tour of the legends!!! You've already got the locations and creatures like Medusa and Minotaur, why not tell those stories?

Associate
I just bought the Gold Edition and I'll be starting it once I'm done with RDR2.

I think I'll play as Kassandra. Any tips before I start? From what I'm reading it's better to avoid side quests etc as they are too grindey? Should I just stick to the main story?

Soldato
I just bought the Gold Edition and I'll be starting it once I'm done with RDR2.

I think I'll play as Kassandra. Any tips before I start? From what I'm reading it's better to avoid side quests etc as they are too grindey? Should I just stick to the main story?
Best to do is play along as you feel comfortable. Side quests can be tedious but can progress your character nicely. Start with a few then give them a miss as you feel.
Andi.

Soldato
Definitely play as Kasandra, she has a nice sexy voice for starters, side quests are like many other games and become repetitive, go there and fetch an item and return it the owner, go fight bandits in the hills etc, go kill someone etc. But avoiding them also misses out other stuff you will come across.
One of the most enjoyable parts for me are the mercenaries who hunt you down, sometimes more than one can turn up at the same time so then run or you will likely die. The best method by far is to attack them on horseback once you have a powerful weapon, ride past several times swiping at them, with luck you won't get knocked off your horse but if you do they are likely severely weakened and an easy kill.

Soldato
Armor sets are awesome. One, pilgrims, gives you invisibility. It can basically break the game in terms of difficulty. Everything becomes walk in, get/kill it, walk out.

But in general the game is great, explore, enjoy the views and play as Kassandra deffo.

Associate
Started this today, played for 5 hours and had a lot of fun exploring the first area until I got to the second area and had to fight 2 mercenaries at the same time, it is indeed very hard! I had to pay the bounty after several deaths :p At some point I accidentally hit a spartan soldier and I had 2 mercenaries and like 20 spartans chasing me, that was epic :D

Combat is fun, graphics are good, game runs well with all settings maxed out at 1440p, story seems interesting so far... UI could use some work though.

Soldato
I’m very very close to finishing this game now,completed all the quests on 3 continents and just doing the ? Quests,absolutely loved the game and raked up 189 hours in doing so,can’t wait for the next one now.

Soldato
I’m very very close to finishing this game now,completed all the quests on 3 continents and just doing the ? Quests,absolutely loved the game and raked up 189 hours in doing so,can’t wait for the next one now.

I'm around the same play time as you and I still return every now and then to hunt some mercenaries and clear out some forts, just because.

If they said they were going to release another season pass I'd buy it in a heart beat. I still haven't been to an island or two yet!

Soldato
I really enjoyed the DLC. The lost blade takes you all over the map again and the second set of DLC, i forgot the name, takes you to Elysium, The Underworld and Atlantis.

I really recommended it.

Back
Top Bottom