Battlefield V

Soldato
Caved in and got EA Access, and BF V was the first thing I downloaded.

I'd given it a wide berth, after following it's launch pretty closely - and not really feeling the game, or the way EA was acting. I appreciate these are daft reasons to duck out of a series I love, but I decided to vote with my wallet on this occasion.

What can I say.... it looks amazing. I jumped straight into the SP Tiger tank campaign, and enjoyed it, got the others to play in due course - but I jumped into MP after that. And within a few flag captures, I recalled a comment someone made about it - it often sounds like a messy hen doo night out :D

It was actually quite jarring to hear the shrill screams of women characters, and it was a tad cringeworthy hearing the 'banter' between soldiers - though that doesn't appear to be as bad as some of the earlier videos made it out to be.

Loving the 64 player Conquest, and Grand Operations - though these sometimes feel like they're going on for hours at a time! Played one last night in Tobruk, and I ended up getting bored in the end - and left with 70 odd tickets left. Not loving the apparent grind though - there seems to be quite a jump in points needed to rank up or unlock weapons - the cynical side of me expects this was designed to push shortcut packs and whatnot.

Soldato
Bit speechless ATM.

Been playing BFV for ages and love it. Loved the weapons and TTK.

Feels like a completely different game now and some weapons are even less viable now.

Can see players behind walls...

What a mess

Associate
I would avoid buying for now. The most recent patch had completely ruined the core mechanics and feel of the game. It's rendered most of the weapons useless at any sort of range, messed up the spotting mechanics as well as numerous other problems. Dice are going to be announcing tweaks to the patch at some point but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

I've played it fairly solidly since launch and thought things were on the up with the Pacific release but they've managed to wipe all the good work out in one fell swoop.

I've uninstalled for now and going to give COD a bash for a bit.

Associate
I hope the next BF game goes back to the feeling of the older ones, BF1 felt a bit clinical and not as gritty as the other games and I hate the 'clean' UI design of BF1 and the Battlefront games.

Soldato
I hope the next BF game goes back to the feeling of the older ones, BF1 felt a bit clinical and not as gritty as the other games and I hate the 'clean' UI design of BF1 and the Battlefront games.

Personally, I think they could remake Battlefield 2, and have an epic hit on their hands. Probably rose tinted specs and al that, but I thought that was one of, if not THE, best Battlefield game of the series (though Bad Company 2 is a VERY close second).

Mashtuur City and Strike at Karkand with destructible environments would be awesome :)

Associate
I got into BF properly with BF3 but really enjoyed BC2 as well. I honestly think they just need get their finger out and lsiten to fans. Make a modern day BF game with all the best bits of the other games and we'll be more than happy. I got really excited for Bf1 when it was initially announced/released and even though I played it quite a bit something felt off.

Soldato
I got into BF properly with BF3 but really enjoyed BC2 as well. I honestly think they just need get their finger out and lsiten to fans. Make a modern day BF game with all the best bits of the other games and we'll be more than happy. I got really excited for Bf1 when it was initially announced/released and even though I played it quite a bit something felt off.

Would be nice if they can stop all the 'woke' stuff from creeping in too - just listen to the core fan base, the ones who will buy your game!

Soldato
Unfortunately, despite being my least favourite battlefield game, I have been enjoying it. That is until recently where it's decided to corrupt my Xbox everytime I play it, no other game does this and I have to power cycle the console.

Back
Top Bottom