Insta-SCAM: 'Get rich quick' Instagram trader, 20, 'empties accounts of more than 1,000 investors

Permabanned
Insta-SCAM: 'Get rich quick' Instagram trader, 20, 'empties accounts of more than 1,000 investors in £3.5m fraud' - three days after UK medical student posed with Ferrari at Eiffel Tower

What a ****, also a narcissist by looks of his posing, hope he gets jail time.

Really is too much to copy/paste (will not let me do in one block) with photos but I will add some and link at bottom.

"A 'get rich quick' Instagram trader scammed more than 1,000 investors by emptying their accounts on Christmas Eve in a suspected £3.5million fraud, it has been claimed.

Gurvin Singh, 20, is believed to have convinced as many as 1,250 people to join his 'copy trading' scheme with social media pictures of his jet-setting lifestyle.

Investors say he messaged them claiming he was an authorised Foreign Exchange (Forex) trader, promising guaranteed profits of up to £300 a day and that they could withdraw their money at any time.

But after a few months of healthy returns, alleged victims claim they saw their trading accounts plummet.

The medical student from Plymouth 'made excuses about Brexit' and said things would be back to normal by March.

But on Christmas Eve, hundreds say they saw their funds drop to zero and were unable to contact him.

Days beforehand Mr Singh posted pictures of himself on Instagram driving a Ferrari through the streets of Paris. He has since removed his page.

The alleged victims, mostly aged between 18 and 25, claim they have lost thousands of their family's money, part-time wages and student loans."

"Student Kanad Patel, 21, claims he has lost a total of £21,400 after convincing his father and sister to invest in the scheme."

FULL STORY+PHOTOS BELLOW

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/courts/insta-scam-get-rich-quick-instagram-trader-20-empties-accounts-of-more-than-1000-investors-in-£35m-fraud-three-days-after-uk-medical-student-posed-with-ferrari-at-eiffel-tower/ar-BBYLWBk

Last edited:
Associate
He's probably fled the country never to return. Or he has spend all the money and all is lost. If the authorities catch him, lifetime ban from directorships, financial positions in companies and 5 years in jail time as a punishment I bet.

Even though idiots gave him money, his punishment won't fit the crime. To soft in this country.

Caporegime
I bet he's Singhing all the way to the bank.

So much of this crap around I'm kind of surprised people aren't sanitised to this sort con by now.

What did anyone expect when you're only worth in life is how many zero's are in your bank account? All pretty much anyone cares about is money nowadays. So it's unsurprising that these scams are so plentiful. Until people value other things, it will continue unabated.

Soldato
I bet he's Singhing all the way to the bank.

So much of this crap around I'm kind of surprised people aren't sanitised to this sort con by now.

You don't understand the literalness of one born every minute.

Once someone has been conned they have a degree of immunity.

However there is a limitless supply of unconned people who have not had their trust in others destroyed yet.

Associate
Doesn't sound like a scam - sounds like stupidity

Literally this.

There was an experienced IT/cybersecurity manager who lost a few k apparently. I mean, it was done over Instagram and the man can't even write properly yet he thought it was a good idea to send him some cash....

Because of course world of investment banking = Gucci belts and shared private jets.....

Caporegime
How did he think he'd get away with this at all? Even if he somehow doesn't end up in prison, someone will spot him when he's out and about and kick his head in. Never mess with people's hard earned money. I suspect he loves the attention too so it won't be long until he's back on social media showing off again and painting a target on his back.

Back
Top Bottom