PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
It's an interesting read, really make me want to try it, although i'd feel dirty if I did!

What I don't understand is, if you have these sounds compressed to hear them better, surely you'll have issues figuring out exactly where these people are if everyone is loud? Because the way compression works, would be that footsteps from 5m away will sound the EXACT same loudness as someone who is 20m away (as the sound is quieter, therefore loudness increased). How are you meant to work with that?

I think you've already arrived at the appropriate conclusion. Life is too short to be messing about with all this for a 1% boost in your K/D!

Caporegime
So i should uninstall the logitech G Hub ?

its up to you if you want to mess about with drivers. it can be a nightmare i know had it myself with logitech headsets. you want ideally none of the software on and the default windows driver.if you know what you doing fine. if not id just leave it . as soon as you install the logitech software the sound will change and for some stupid reason it lowers the sound or how it sounds.

Soldato
I thought it was ok volume at first then got worse !
Seen this elsewhere may be cause...

as someone who has started to look into that for a bit, i have a possible explanation.
This headset is detected as a 7.1. sound device by windows (at least with the current drivers.) It cannot even be configured to be a stereo device in the windows sound options.
PUBG uses default output device in Windows to determine whether it should output its own stereo mix (loud, good) or a weird, semi-official surround mix (see here at 10:48). There is no way within pubg to switch to stereo.
TLDR: Our headset, or more precisely the USB hub, is recognized as a 7.1. device by windows, and it receives a weird 7.1. mix from PUBG that is inferior to the game's stereo mix (which is also louder!)
We also don't really know what our dongle is then doing with this 7.1 mix: Simply mixing it back down to stereo? And how do the DTS settings play with the mix. Something to be investigated....
Workarounds:
  1. Use headset without dongle
  2. Use voicemeeter and pass PUBG audio through that (you can also compress audio with that, making silent noises louder - nice for footsteps
  3. Ask Logitech to let us configure our USB dongle as stereo audio device, or ask PUBG devs to let us pick which mix we want from the game

Caporegime
haha. as long as you havent changed it should be. as said had same issue. nightmare tbh because using logitech steering wheel mouse and headset. any update forced the volume to do as you were getting.

Associate
Done well on crates & skins recently. Had three of the venetian crates, got a weapon skin that sold for £3 and somehow (not even sure where I got it) a cropped bra that sold for £11. Admittedly I end up spending the funds back on season passes but I love the fact this game pays for itself.

Soldato
https://pubgskincontest.pubg.com/en

5x skins for M4 / Hoodie / Parachute available to vote on

Not to complain because these will be free skins and there are some decent designs in there, but there were so many good designs shown on the sub-reddit that didn't make the final voting :(

Totally agree.

WackyJacky is also complaining on twitter how there was soooo many good skins submitted on twitter, but the selection we were given to vote on were so appallingly bad. I completely agree with him, they are ALL terrible compared to what I saw submitted on twitter. Really disappointing.

Soldato
Anyone know if you can download clips from twitch? Me and friend killed streamers hambinooo and someone called Kaymind and the Kaymind guy had a little rage which was funny.

I know it's sad but I'd like to keep the clip and it was a total chance encounter as I have no idea why they would be on EU servers as they are Canadian and American I think.

Soldato
I did not, but it ran like a total turd with the 980Ti too. Same issue.

Well definitely use Display Driver uninstaller to clean out the drivers. Make sure you have your Windows password (main one with account) before getting it to boot to safe mode. When you reinstall the latest driver, dont have anything else running like afterburner. Use the hidden icons arrow in bottom right of taskbar to shut down everything in there before reinstalling drivers.

What resolution are ......Oh I see Essex boy says its a game bug. Still on a GPU change you should clean the drivers. If the 980ti ran PUBG previously and now your new card has judder.stutter/hitching then sounds like the game. Always clean and reinstall drivers on a GPU change.

You installed latest AMD chipset drivers?

If it is the game I couldnt be doing with that.

I have over 1000 hours on PUBG and got a bit bored of it and sounds like its gotten worse over the last few months. SHame - could've gotten back into it after an absence but if performance is flawed, it's a nope.

Hope you sort it soon.

Back
Top Bottom