Upcoming 24.5" IPS 1ms Freesync 144hz Monitors

Associate
OP
Something that caught my attention in the review was that the 24G2U doesn't use PWM, is this common now, will the Asus be the same, how can I tell, nothing in specs about this stuff. Anyone know?

Soldato
I'm tempted, I can't see the other panel being worth £100 more (assuming it's £280 or so once it's actually in stock and available in more places), but can't help thinking I will buy then wish I waited.

Wish we could get a review of the Asus. Available in China, so would think someone could get a unit to review :(.

Associate
OP
I'm tempted, I can't see the other panel being worth £100 more (assuming it's £280 or so once it's actually in stock and available in more places), but can't help thinking I will buy then wish I waited.

Wish we could get a review of the Asus. Available in China, so would think someone could get a unit to review :(.

I'd consider the AOC if it didn't have red all over it and the ASUS just looks a lot sturdier to me, still no sign of it

Associate
ASUS VG259Q 24.5” 144hz was released in US & UK:

** Do not link to competitors **

From this source, some features:

AMD Freesync Technology
Adaptive-Sync Technology
Asus Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB)
ELMB-Sync (a fusion of blur-free and tear-free tech)
Color Temperature Selection
Flicker-Free Technology
Gameplus (Crosshair/Timer/FPS Counter/Display Alignment)
Gamefast Imput Technology
GameVisual
HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection)
Low Blue Light
Skin-Tone Selection
Shadow Boost

Connectivity lacks USB ports hub, but boasts 2x HDMI 1.4, 1x DisplayPort 1.2, 1x 3.5mm Audio Out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
ASUS VG259Q 24.5” 144hz was released in US & UK:

From this source, some features:

AMD Freesync Technology
Adaptive-Sync Technology
Asus Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB)
ELMB-Sync (a fusion of blur-free and tear-free tech)
Color Temperature Selection
Flicker-Free Technology
Gameplus (Crosshair/Timer/FPS Counter/Display Alignment)
Gamefast Imput Technology
GameVisual
HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection)
Low Blue Light
Skin-Tone Selection
Shadow Boost

Connectivity lacks USB ports hub, but boasts 2x HDMI 1.4, 1x DisplayPort 1.2, 1x 3.5mm Audio Out.

Asus have another panda panel one out as well, its basically the VG249q without a decent stand though. So 3 coming from Asus, vg259q looks the boy though, no reviews yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Bought the XV253QP, really impressed with it, lots of features not mentioned in spec, 10bit colour (thats what says in windows and driver?), cross hair overlay (nearly bought the asus for that as the acer doesn't mention it), onscreen fps counter. Has HDR which the Asus doesn't, perfect picture out the box though HDR goes super bright not messed about with it yet. Really solid, the stand is a work of art, very heavy duty with no screws, nothing cheap about any of it at all which was a concern never had Acer.

No fuzzy text on vertical scrolling like the last 144hz monitor I bought had.

Its still not available anywhere though, only rainforest.

Associate
The AOC 24G2U is due back in stock at the end of the month.

OCUK only have it down as freesync but reviews have it down as gsync compatible too. I think I’ll be picking this one up :)

Associate
The AOC 24G2U is due back in stock at the end of the month.

OCUK only have it down as freesync but reviews have it down as gsync compatible too. I think I’ll be picking this one up :)
Had this monitor for a month and I'm very impressed with it. G-Sync works great though it is not (yet?) certified by NVidia (you have to check an extra box in NVidia settings to enable it).

Soldato
My current monitor needs to be sent back to manufacturer due to faulty pixels. Can't be without a monitor so ordered a 24G2U. Looks like a bit of wait though from where I ordered.

Should be a massive upgrade from my current display, especially gaming wise.

Back
Top Bottom