What's in your bag and whats not and when it's not where do you put it?

Soldato
I'm currently doing a bit of a sort through my spare room / office and I've got a few bits and bobs lying about the place relating to my camera stuff. The majority of lenses, body, flash etc are kept in my main photography bag (Think Tank Airport Antidote V20) however, I've got a few filters, spare flash, batteries etc lying about in a few places around the room. Can anyone recommend a purpose built storage unit (not looking for a generic plastic box though) for the 'spare' stuff that's not in my bag. I do have a couple of other smaller bags but they're generally kept in a cupboard and contain spare bag padding / straps etc.

Associate
Been through this recently. I decided to go relatively cheap and get a 'Kallax' IKEA shelving unit. I've got a few of the 'Drona' fabric storage boxes for misc stuff like flashguns, modifiers, etc. I've then got a few sets of drawer inserts for specific 'loadouts' - such as chargers and accessories for my Sony and Fuji gear. I've then got the door inserts where I store my lenses.

Seems to work well for me at least and cost little more than £100.

Soldato
I use this glass display unit from IKEA
49379654466_aa85dc2f8d_o.jpg

bags are piled up next to it.
Bottom shelf straps and chargers mostly, next one cleaning stuff, manuals and filters and adapters, next one Sony gear and top shelf Olympus gear and old film lenses.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
After posting this i had a look on google and i found this link https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explor...olutions/8-ideas-for-storing-your-camera-gear

Shelves and Display cabinets are fine but I'm now looking more into a tool chest type affair. Could easily get a foam inlay to protect them against the metal drawers https://www.screwfix.com/p/hilka-pr...trolley-with-ball-bearing-drawer-slides/77948
dear god thats ugly and costs a lot of money for something a couple of cheap plastic boxes and some foam would do just as well! Your money and your gear though so you do what you think is best. I have two bags one with my go to Fuji kit in and one with my go to 5D kit in it and then I have a small box with everything else in really I should bin the stuff in the small box as it so rarely see's the light of day!

Soldato
OP
dear god thats ugly and costs a lot of money for something a couple of cheap plastic boxes and some foam would do just as well! Your money and your gear though so you do what you think is best. I have two bags one with my go to Fuji kit in and one with my go to 5D kit in it and then I have a small box with everything else in really I should bin the stuff in the small box as it so rarely see's the light of day!

I appreciate that it's not an attractive piece of furniture but it is a tool chest after all and more suited to a garage. I think it's more from an organisation point of view and my personal preference as a box would just have stuff chucked into it where as the drawers can have filters batteries etc in the top couple of drawers and lenses flashes and bodies in the lower drawers. And less of a dust trap than a shelved unit.

Back
Top Bottom