A3 Saloon S Line vs Arteon R-Line

Ken

Ken

Associate
Hi,

Love the look of both cars and can't decide.

35 Saloon 1.5 TFSI CoD 150 S line 4Dr Manual 9 + 47
Metallic white + warranty extended to 4 years
260 p/m
2345 in advance
300 processing fee

Arteon 2.0TSI DSG R Line Custom profile for 3 years
Solid white
266 p/m
2500 in advance
275 processing fee

Both are stretching the budget a little so if negotiations fail I may settle for the slower 1.0 TFSI 116 S line.

Thoughts? :)

Man of Honour
If £260 a month is a stretch then is a brand new Audi the right choice?

Do you want diesel or petrol? You seem to have both on the list.

Soldato
Seems like some random choices? 276 BHP Arteon v's either a 150 or 116 BHP Audi. If I had to choose out of those 3 it would be the Arteon all day long, but only because it'll be far and away the quickest. I have to wonder how informed these choices are? How many miles do you do a year?

Associate
Aren't these two vastly different cars? I thought the Arteon was more a Passat sized car whereas the A3 is a hatchback with a boot?

This is the best advice however.
True.
Not saying everyone should go por the 200+ hp, but driving the poor's man snobbery badge wouldn't be wise.
Leon FR, proper engine and kit, cheaper than that.

Caporegime
I get what you are trying to say, but ironically the Arteon is a hatchback and the A3 (in this instance) a saloon ;)

Mentioning size/class would have made more sense.

Isn't the Arteon a replacement for the Passat CC? Idk, I can't keep up with the motor industry's incessant need to fill every single potential niche in every market anymore :confused:

Soldato
I’ve been having a completely unnecessary itch to replace my 530 M sport. So was looking at the S3 or a3 saloon.

I Had a look around one and just felt it was a bit dated inside I think it’s due for
replacement this year.

I’m a bit of that BMW fan boy. But a personal loan and a used 430 grand coupe seems like a better car

Back
Top Bottom