The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
Well i've just dealt with a similar issue like that on my Z370 Extreme4 & solved it by putting a cmos jumper on the mobo pins, & taking the cmos battery out, & leaving the board to sit over night ( 8 hours ) like that, & i'm pleased to say ive got it back up & running again this morning, so if all else fails it might be worth giving that a go as a last ditch effort.
Hi VoG
I'm assembling my Asrock Z370 Extreme 4 board and from your post it appears that you know exactly where the CMOS jumpers are
Darned if I can see what the Motherboard Layout diagram in the Quick Installation Guide shows as CMOS with/without jumper shorting cap.
My board has two doodads in the right place but with labels printed with "P1 80" covering the doodads. If there are pins for the jumper caps- I can't see them.
Help? ! :confused:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Hi VoG
I'm assembling my Asrock Z370 Extreme 4 board and from your post it appears that you know exactly where the CMOS jumpers are
Darned if I can see what the Motherboard Layout diagram in the Quick Installation Guide shows as CMOS with/without jumper shorting cap.
My board has two doodads in the right place but with labels printed with "P1 80" covering the doodads. If there are pins for the jumper caps- I can't see them.
Help? ! :confused:

Your in luck as im currently changing cases, excuse the god awful picture quality, the cmos clear jumper is bottom left corner next to the 9 audio pins.

ejK20zE.jpg

Associate
Hi VoG
Thanks for the info. I've been looking at something else, in the lower right area below the M2 shortest nuts.
Another question ( as you're the Man!), is there not meant to be a supplied shorting cap? My previous MSI and Biostar mobos were so provisioned.
If not, how is the shorting/ reset applied? A paper-clip or screwdriver blade or ??
Thanks, in advance.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Mine didn't come with a shorting cap either, just use a screwdriver blade, paper clip, piece of wire wrapped loosely round the jumper pins, any thing that completes the circuit will do tbh.

Associate
Mine didn't come with a shorting cap either, just use a screwdriver blade, paper clip, piece of wire wrapped loosely round the jumper pins, any thing that completes the circuit will do tbh.
Ace!!
I've found a cap on the Biostar that is the right size.
I wish the Asrock instructions were as informative and detailed like Biostars. It's specs on, specs off, specs - heck, where did I just put them :(.

Just measured the spacing. As near as dammit, a 2.8mm Lucar female electrical connector fits. Just crimp it onto something stiff and then be able to reset from a comfortable distance.

Soldato
I got some Soundpeats Truefree+ ear buds for my birthday and thought I'd try them out on my X370 Taichi. I have installed the drivers and can get them to pair but the sound just constantly breaks up. First time I've tried bluetooth with this board, installed the latest drivers as well. Does anyone use bluetooth with this board?

Soldato
yes I do .. sounds not a problem even up stairs but using bose .. and the intel driver ..BT_20.120.2_64_Win7

I'm using the Intel BT_21.60.0_64_Win10 drivers which are the latest ones but it still breaks up. If I move my head around I can get a clear signal but it only last for a couple of seconds and then it breaks up again. The buds work fine on my tablet and I can walk around the house with the tablet downstairs.

Soldato
Hate to admit it but had a severe PEBKAC moment! I've had this board for several years now and never used the bluetooth or wifi, I didn't even know it had antenna until I started looking for a solution to the sound breakup. I installed the antenna on the board and now it's all working fine. Once again with anything in IT always check the simplest things first :)

Soldato
Has anyone tried the 6.20 beta bios for the Taichi x370 yet?

Also,

ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven, Summit or Bristol Ridge CPU is being used on your system

Does anyone know why it isn't recommended?

Back
Top Bottom