• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Random Tearing/Flickering

Associate
Hi All.

I have an Asus GTX 1070 Turbo, and recently I have been experiencing some issues which I assume are being caused by it.

Since last July it has been connected to a 37" TX-L37G10P 1080p LCD from circa 2010.

Recently I have noticed issues in which the screen experiences what I assume is referred to as 'tearing,' and flickering, and random occurrences of the TV losing the image totally, and just showing me the HDMI port number, to then have the image reappear.

I've tried different HDMI cables, and different HDMI ports to no avail.

I've tried using my old ultrabook plugged into my TV for a few days, which has worked practically without issue.

I then set my graphics card to output at the same settings as my ultrabook, 1080p at 50Hz (although the TV is 60Hz) but the issues from my desktop PC remain.

Before I go panicking and contacting tech support, are there any other obvious things I should be looking at? as this is the first time I've experienced such issues?

Thank you in advance.

Mark

Associate
I would start turning on v-sync in the game you are playing first. Its a bit of sledge hammer but should stop the screen tearing. I would also check your advanced display settings to make sure your monitor refreash rate is at 60hz.

Associate
OP
Thanks eeii.

Presumably then, what I am facing is not 'tearing' as it does it even when I'm doing something as simple as browsing the internet, sometimes the image either appears with a random chunk 'missing' or out of sync with the rest of the image.

Back
Top Bottom