Old hardware. Really old hardware - what to do with it?

Associate
I'm at my in-laws and until recently they've been using an old desktop of mine (2004 vintage) but it's been playing up (Windows issue, not likely to be hardware-related). I could get it up and running again, but it's on Windows 7 and I'm not sure it'll cope with Windows 10. They have an old Macbook Pro and a Dell Inspiron (both around 8-9 years old) which they're happy with, so I've decided to decommission the desktop. Whilst doing so, I found they had an even older Mesh desktop that's been out of use for a few years.

I've pulled the HDD out of my old desktop and I'm wondering what to do with the rest of it. It's pretty much worthless. I'm currently pulling files off the Mesh, and whilst it runs (on XP), I think it's totally worthless - 2002 vintage, frustratingly slow for even the most basic tasks.

Would a charities want either of them, or should I just drop them off at the tip or a WEEE recycler? Do these type of things generate any interest On Gumtree? I want rid of them with minimum hassle, but if they can be reused then that's preferable.

Back
Top Bottom