Spec me a Hybrid.

Underboss
Can i pick your brains Lexus Owners

trying to find out if the CT200h has some sort of emergency/collision braking system on them

reading about this car on "honest john" website, and it does say its an option, not sure if it comes under "convenience pack" or what ?
as for example, a car on AT (SE-L premier Trim) says it has adaptive cruise control like on the honest john website, but no mention on the safety feature, but does mention convenience pack

Options
  • Front and rear parking sensors
  • Full Map Navigation Package: satellite navigation,10-speaker audio system with in dash 6-CD changer and Remote Touch control
  • Convenience Pack: cruise control, rear parking monitor, electrochromic rear view mirror.
  • Full Map Navigation Package: satellite navigation,10-speaker audio system with in-dash 6-CD changer and Remote Touch control
  • Pre-Crash Safety (PCS) system with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
  • Lateral performance damper system

Caporegime

you need to get EGR cleaned at £100K. I'd rather trade in than pay for an EGR clean. the last time I got an EGR cleaned it failed a year after and it had to be replaced. but if the EGR fails on this it takes the engine with it. so I'd rather sell than risk it.

it's likely an issue that has now been fixed. so another reason to sell. also to get the newer model.

some have done 350K miles before it failed. so shows you how reliable it is. i'd rather play it safe.

Man of Honour
you need to get EGR cleaned at £100K. I'd rather trade in than pay for an EGR clean. the last time I got an EGR cleaned it failed a year after and it had to be replaced. but if the EGR fails on this it takes the engine with it. so I'd rather sell than risk it.

This seems like a major reliability issue that contradicts what you said. So it's cheap to run as long as you get shot of it before it's done 100k?

Caporegime
This seems like a major reliability issue that contradicts what you said. So it's cheap to run as long as you get shot of it before it's done 100k?

a precautionary measure. it's the only thing that tends to go wrong.

like i said before a guy ran his until 350K miles before his head gasket failed.

Caporegime
Getting rid of the entire car is one heck of a precautionary measure.

i normally change that car every 4 years anyway.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2019-what-car-reliability-survey-family-cars/n20053

Reliability for family cars aged up to five years old
Rank Make and model Score
1. Skoda Rapid 2012-2019 99.4%
2. Toyota Auris 2013-2019 98.2%

Toyota auris is basically the same car and places second

https://www.reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer

Rank Make and Model
Reliability Index
Reliability Index

1. Daihatsu
arrow3.gif

2. Honda
arrow3.gif

3. Suzuki
arrow3.gif

4. Toyota
arrow3.gif

5. Mazda
arrow3.gif

6. Lexus
arrow3.gif

they placed 4th and 6th on that site

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2019-what-car-reliability-survey-brands/n20069

Reliability by brand for cars up to five years old
Rank Brand Score
1. Lexus 99.3%
2. Toyota 97.7%

1st and 2nd

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/64280/most-reliable-cars-to-buy-in-2020

10. Toyota Yaris - 92.94%
7. Lexus CT - 93.99%

6. Lexus NX - 94.72%
3. Lexus RX - 96.02%
2. Lexus IS - 96.07%
1. Toyota Prius - 97.43%

think that speaks for itself 6 positions out of the top 10

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-6134061/The-cars-depend-revealed.html

Most (and least) reliable car brands

1. Suzuki - 97.7%

2. Lexus - 97.5%

3. Toyota - 96.8%

2nd and 3rd

think I'll get the wife a Lexus NX when we trade this in

Soldato
OP
I plan to keep mine until it basically either dies, or it’s uneconomical to repair. I have no worry about the egr etc failing, I’m handy with a spanner.

Caporegime
I plan to keep mine until it basically either dies, or it’s uneconomical to repair. I have no worry about the egr etc failing, I’m handy with a spanner.

It's not easy to clean the full system. Well cleaning is the easy part. Getting all the parts off the car to clean them ain't easy.

I believe there are 4 pipes or parts on top of the egr itself that also need cleaned.

Should be done at 100k miles then every 50k miles thereafter.

Plenty of YouTube videos on the prius / Auris to help.

Soldato
OP
It's not easy to clean the full system. Well cleaning is the easy part. Getting all the parts off the car to clean them ain't easy.

I believe there are 4 pipes or parts on top of the egr itself that also need cleaned.

Should be done at 100k miles then every 50k miles thereafter.

Plenty of YouTube videos on the prius / Auris to help.

Yeah, I’ve read most forum posts etc regarding it. I have no worries tbh.

Underboss
I think im going to go and look at both the Auris and the Lexus

from what i can tell, both similar priced for the top spec model
and from what i can also tell, if the Lexus has cruise control (i assume its the button that had the little dial on it with lines on) (for the distance control) so i believe these have emergency collision braking on them

with the Lexus, if I do buy one, do i get pre face lift to save money or go and get the face lift model ? if there any real difference ?

Back
Top Bottom