Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Soldato
I'm trying to get away from NowTV as I spend a fortune on it (all the packages) and it would actually be cheaper for me to have Sky contracted. Looking around the area it seems people have put dishes up already so may just consult the solicitor.

I want need that 4K F1. Watching it on NowTV last few seasons has been depressing!

Soldato
as above, we currently have NowTV but I am a bit disappointed with the quality both in terms of picture quality, and the overall quality of the service (app support on apple tv, not many entertainment channels etc etc).

Even though I manage to get my passes on the black friday deal, and added the 1080p boost pack (which doesn't look any different at all, 1080p is still awful and pixealated even though the TV is hard wired to an 80mb connection) I think it's expensive for what you get.

Using the f&f discount how much would the following be?

All channels in HD (entertainment, movies, sports) no kids......and multiroom. Looking online it's coming to £66 so I assume it's that minus 35%?

I'm unsure about the boxsets as it seems to infer it also includes netflix which I don't want?

Soldato
as above, we currently have NowTV but I am a bit disappointed with the quality both in terms of picture quality, and the overall quality of the service (app support on apple tv, not many entertainment channels etc etc).

Even though I manage to get my passes on the black friday deal, and added the 1080p boost pack (which doesn't look any different at all, 1080p is still awful and pixealated even though the TV is hard wired to an 80mb connection) I think it's expensive for what you get.

Using the f&f discount how much would the following be?

All channels in HD (entertainment, movies, sports) no kids......and multiroom. Looking online it's coming to £66 so I assume it's that minus 35%?

I'm unsure about the boxsets as it seems to infer it also includes netflix which I don't want?

I didn't realise there was a 1080p boost... Can't believe they have the cheek to charge £3 for it!

Soldato
That’s 25% off upgrades and I no longer have that offer available.

ah no worries, I'll get him to phone up.

Interesting one, I have my engineer date book in for a week on Friday, but in the mean time they said I could use the Sky Go app which I am doing.

I can get all the BT Sports channels? I never asked for them? Just tried it on the off chance expecting it to say I needed a subscription, but it started playing.

Caporegime
OP
ah no worries, I'll get him to phone up.

Interesting one, I have my engineer date book in for a week on Friday, but in the mean time they said I could use the Sky Go app which I am doing.

I can get all the BT Sports channels? I never asked for them? Just tried it on the off chance expecting it to say I needed a subscription, but it started playing.
That's unusual but you won't be charged. You'll get all the channels until you're installed.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
@MissChief I've just signed up as a new customer before thinking to check on the forum, but installation not due until next month... can I change my order if you have a better offer? This is what I've been offered (I'll send you a message in trust too, but posting here so people have an idea of what prices can be available):

• Sky Entertainment
£12.00

• Sky Kids
£0.00

• Sky HD
£0.00

• Ultimate On Demand
£3.00

• Sky Cinema
£5.00

• Sky Broadband Superfast
£27.00

• Sky Talk Anytime Extra
£0.00

Total £47 month

I think this is basically everything except sport and multi-room, but I could be missing something. Multi-room/Sky Q experience would be nice, but I won't pay £13/month for it... I was advised to wait for a discounted add-on deal to come round. I primarily watch rugby, so I can take or leave sport, but I'd take it if minimal cost.

Is this regarded as being a good deal? I thought it was pretty good until I read above that someone has all channels for £51.

Caporegime
OP
@MissChief I've just signed up as a new customer before thinking to check on the forum, but installation not due until next month... can I change my order if you have a better offer? This is what I've been offered (I'll send you a message in trust too, but posting here so people have an idea of what prices can be available):

• Sky Entertainment
£12.00

• Sky Kids
£0.00

• Sky HD
£0.00

• Ultimate On Demand
£3.00

• Sky Cinema
£5.00

• Sky Broadband Superfast
£27.00

• Sky Talk Anytime Extra
£0.00

Total £47 month

I think this is basically everything except sport and multi-room, but I could be missing something. Multi-room/Sky Q experience would be nice, but I won't pay £13/month for it... I was advised to wait for a discounted add-on deal to come round. I primarily watch rugby, so I can take or leave sport, but I'd take it if minimal cost.

Is this regarded as being a good deal? I thought it was pretty good until I read above that someone has all channels for £51.
Not really sure tbh, not involved with pricing anymore.

Soldato
Is this something you can offer at any time of the year? We'll be keen to get it once our house is finished. Hoping around May time but ideally we'd book it in before so we can have TV from moving in

Caporegime
OP
Is this something you can offer at any time of the year? We'll be keen to get it once our house is finished. Hoping around May time but ideally we'd book it in before so we can have TV from moving in
Yes offers are usually ongoing. Message me closer to the time and I try to keep the first post updated.

Back
Top Bottom