• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Suspended
Same here, wireless pad at home and wireless mount in the car. Very rare to cable charge nowadays.

In principle wireless is great but when you need a fast charge quickly nothing beats plugging in a wired charger.

Played with it briefly when the Galaxy S6 was launched, the guy next to me in work has an S9 and a wireless fast charger on his desk yet he's constantly asking to use my charger. :mad:

Caporegime
Another day, another issue with my phone and still to do with the charging port. It claims it detects moisture and it could be correct as I was making chutneys at the time (but it seemingly did not get wet). What I don't believe is that over 12 hours later the moisture still exists after shaking it, wiping, wiping it down with 70% ethanol and leaving it to evaporate. I have tried a soft reset and wiping the cache partition to no avail :(.

Edit - working in a lab does have its upsides. Pipette tip, 70% ethanol and some tissue got a surprising amount of gunk and dust out the port. It's charging whilst off which is a good sign as it wouldn't even do that yesterday.

Edit - lol just tried a host of different wired chargers and the moisture alert has just come back which is complete nonsense.

Last edited:
Soldato
the guy next to me in work has an S9 and a wireless fast charger on his desk yet he's constantly asking to use my charger. :mad:
A lot of people don't know there a fast wireless charging setting you need to enable buried in the battery settings.
Plus a lot of people use the wrong wall charger with there wireless pad so it doesn't fast charge

Suspended
Nothing yet.

Have been using Accubattery the last week to work out why my battery is so bad.

79% battery health capacity. No wonder.

Battery life was crap without the battery degrading so not sure what to take from that...

Besides is it even accurate? If you use it on a new phone does it actually show capacity close to 100%?

Associate
Apparently it works it out when you charge it.

So the capacity is 4000mah but it is only taking a charge of 3096mah to get to 100%

My battery life was great for the first few months and then it just fell off a cliff.

Now I take it off charge at 6.30am and by 3pm I am in the teens

Associate
It would never show 100% because the Note 9 never charges it's battery to 100% from new. the FG reports 100% but the kernel charge voltages are lower than the batteries specs (to increase life). I find tools like Accubattery to be anything but accurate myself. Measuring current in is only ever going to give you some rough ball park figure. Fortunately the phones own charge chip reports the actual battery capacity so you have just probe it directly for real figures (root required, probably).

I've been monitoring my battery since it was a week old (6 cycles) though I further reduced the phones charge voltage at cycle 20 in an attempt to further increase battery life expectancy. Overall I'm quite impressed with the battery myself. Over the last 200 cycles (cycle 24 -> 224) I've seen a reduction in capacity of 224 mAh, or 6.1%. That's not too bad for a 200 cycle run really.

Overall I feel like one of the rare ones that still finds the battery life pretty good actually. If I beat the phone with my usual heavy usage I manage at least 5+ hours SoT, on my lighter days then 8+ hours SoT is easily possible.

Soldato
Only a personal take on this, but back everything up before you update. I tried the official beta a couple of months ago, and it was really a step down for the Note 9, with various things not working (granted its a beta) and glitchy. I did a fresh wipe soon after and went back to the Android 9.
I had a quick look in the Note 10 discussion and it seems a few apps (good lock) aren't working yet either.

Soldato
OP
Only a personal take on this, but back everything up before you update. I tried the official beta a couple of months ago, and it was really a step down for the Note 9, with various things not working (granted its a beta) and glitchy. I did a fresh wipe soon after and went back to the Android 9.
I had a quick look in the Note 10 discussion and it seems a few apps (good lock) aren't working yet either.

Also if you use the default weather app you cant flick thru locations anymore on the home screen

Good Lock Android 10 due in Feb

https://www.sammobile.com/news/good-lock-2020-android-10-support-released-february-3/

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got round to running a battery health app (Accubattery) and mine is showing at 83% so my capacity is now roughly at 3,320 maH. I thought it was pretty mediocre to begin with (SoT time to be specific) and it ain't any better now :p.

I wonder what 10 will be like (in general)....

Edit - it's here! I always regret major Android updates...

Suspended
Seems fine here, just tested dex over usb and it's interesting.. will test this more over time.

Only issue so far is the Twitter app, keeps crashing on launch for me.... :(

EDIT: Twitter started working after restart, weird.

Battery life so far seems good.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom