• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5600XT review thread

Associate
Agree with everyone else - this is a £250 card, looking elsewhere I can get an EX display 5700 with Warranty for £260 which may even be a better buy...., but yea this is a solid 1080p Card, heck even a 1440p card. I don't see a massive issue with the 6gb Vram either....

we just need big Navi now before Doom and Resident evil come out!

Permabanned
A Radeon at N7 process has finally managed to top the performance per watt chart at.
This goes to show how much more voltage the RX 5700 XT received in the pursuit of higher performance.

Radeon-RX-5600-XT.png
_
Radeon-RX-5600-XT-2.png

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-radeon-rx-5600-xt-strix-oc/29.html
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/sapphire-radeon-rx-5600-xt-pulse/29.html

Caporegime
Associate
so pretty much a 2060 6gb a year later and a couple quid shaved off, typical. Big Navi better not be matching the 2080ti with a couple quid shaved off or im off to buy an RTX 3070/3080 instead of waiting another year or two for AMDs response to those

Soldato
So is this a better card than a sapphire vega 56 @1440p ?

That is only true in under 1 of 2 conditions. 1) out of the box experience with not even minor fiddling to voltage, cause AMD in their infinite wisdom ships the vega cards with a heavy overvoltage applied, 2) in the highly favored nvidia titles. Otherwise a proper setup vega 64 without an overclock will tie or edge out a 5700 non xt in most cases. That said if buying new and the comparision is the 5600 XT(with bios update) vs vega 56 and the prices are the same i would lean towards the RDNA card cause the architecture is better for gaming and requires less fidling. However if you don't mind getting your hands dirty and the price is right the Vega 56 can be overclocked more so than the already tapped out 5600 xt(with updated bios). Vega is for those who likes to tinker as it has a lot of untapped power, while RDNA(5000 series) is more plug and play and forget.

Also worth mentioning is the very limited 196bit bus on the 5600xt vs the 1024bit on the vega card. HBM will show it's strength more as the resolution increases.

Permabanned
That is only true in under 1 of 2 conditions. 1) out of the box experience with not even minor fiddling to voltage, cause AMD in their infinite wisdom ships the vega cards with a heavy overvoltage applied, 2) in the highly favored nvidia titles. Otherwise a proper setup vega 64 without an overclock will tie or edge out a 5700 non xt in most cases. That said if buying new and the comparision is the 5600 XT(with bios update) vs vega 56 and the prices are the same i would lean towards the RDNA card cause the architecture is better for gaming and requires less fidling. However if you don't mind getting your hands dirty and the price is right the Vega 56 can be overclocked more so than the already tapped out 5600 xt(with updated bios). Vega is for those who likes to tinker as it has a lot of untapped power, while RDNA(5000 series) is more plug and play and forget.

Also worth mentioning is the very limited 196bit bus on the 5600xt vs the 1024bit on the vega card. HBM will show it's strength more as the resolution increases.

The RX 5600 XT has 8-pin plus 6-pin power connectors good for up to 300 W power draw. So, it can be quite considerably overclocked.

Soldato
The RX 5600 XT has 8-pin plus 6-pin power connectors good for up to 300 W power draw. So, it can be quite considerably overclocked.

What power pins on card matters not if the silicon is already pushed to the max or the vbios is limiting it. Don't forget that the first bios release for the card was what was intended for the card and the latest vbios is basically already an overclock.

Soldato
Search 6 reviews so far and can't see a Vega64 v 5600XT comparison :confused:

That is only true in under 1 of 2 conditions. 1) out of the box experience with not even minor fiddling to voltage, cause AMD in their infinite wisdom ships the vega cards with a heavy overvoltage applied, 2) in the highly favored nvidia titles. Otherwise a proper setup vega 64 without an overclock will tie or edge out a 5700 non xt in most cases.

Had this lying around (4K max & SMAA T2x). So my results shows 20% better performance as V64 (Nitro+). And I'm pretty sure I had some settings even higher than them & ofc a worse CPU.
HN7ckcv.png

Soldato
Had this lying around (4K max & SMAA T2x). So my results shows 20% better performance as V64 (Nitro+). And I'm pretty sure I had some settings even higher than them & ofc a worse CPU.
HN7ckcv.png

Yeah that looks about right, I don't have that specific game but the differences between your result and the reviews matches up with my own results in other games. 10-20% difference is a lot!

Soldato
It's not bad, clever that they can use the Navi10 dies. It needs to be cheaper £180-220 and I don't think 6gb is enough at the current price point of £250-300.
Reminds me of the cut down 7870xt Tahiti Le.
With the 5600xt based on a 5700 (Navi 10 Die) they had to artificially lower the performance to not harm their sales of the 5700 and without having to reduce the price of the 5700 series.
In one way it's lucky Amd have the 7nm advantage at this particular time, however it's also risky as I expect the process is still expensive, So I can see why they didn't make a smaller Navi Chip.
The problem is Rx5500xt 8gb is too slow and overpriced, the 5600xt is slightly overpriced and 6gb is not enough.

Associate
Price is the factor here. They are just too close to the 5700 to make it worthwhile.

IMO they are priced right. You cant compare a discounted blower fan model of a 5700 to a aftermarket cooler of a 5600xt. Look what you can get for the price really nice price range for almost -4% of the performance of a 5700. Yet much cheaper 40-50pounds cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom