LG 34GK950F vs Alienware AW3420DW

Associate
So all the people that have an amd card are you seeing tearing.

Using a Sapphire Nitro 5700XT and have not seen any tearing so far, the adaptive sync seems to be working, games are very smooth and freesync is reported as 'On' in Radeon settings.

Associate
I spoke with a Dell rep over live chat and managed to get the price down even further to £890. Think I'm going to keep going though and see if I can get them to include the £100 off on top haha. Will keep you posted.

Jesus. I literally just paid £984 on Monday. Can you let me know what codes you're using? I might e-mail customer support to see if I can get a refund.

Associate
Ok I've made my mind up going to get it. As you do get a nice warranty with it as well.

Cheapest I can get it is £922 though.

Associate
Jesus. I literally just paid £984 on Monday. Can you let me know what codes you're using? I might e-mail customer support to see if I can get a refund.
I'm using the code DAEBIGSALE. I tried to get the price down further but one rep wouldn't budge yet kept pestering me to pay today, while the other rep said he'd get back to me tomorrow (by which point the code will have expired, so not sure if he'll come through but I doubt it).

Honestly though, Dell reps are some absolute dickheads. One of them literally messaged me to say "back in 15" and peaced out half-way through my live chat session LMAO. I'm just going to use the DAEBIGSALE code and buy it direct from Dell without giving these dweebs a commission. £922 is the best price available so far considering Amazon has it for £1099.

Associate
I'm using the code DAEBIGSALE. I tried to get the price down further but one rep wouldn't budge yet kept pestering me to pay today, while the other rep said he'd get back to me tomorrow (by which point the code will have expired, so not sure if he'll come through but I doubt it).

Honestly though, Dell reps are some absolute dickheads. One of them literally messaged me to say "back in 15" and peaced out half-way through my live chat session LMAO. I'm just going to use the DAEBIGSALE code and buy it direct from Dell without giving these dweebs a commission. £922 is the best price available so far considering Amazon has it for £1099.

I spoke to a customer service representative on the phone after seeing your e-mail. They agreed to refund me £50 initially, but I have now asked for the remaining amount (given that I spent £984 and it can be purchased for £922).

I'm surprised you got it down to £890 - I spoke to about six different people and none of them would go lower than £984 two days ago...

Edit: Also, if I am not mistaken, that code is for employees? How did you get that :)

Associate
I spoke to a customer service representative on the phone after seeing your e-mail. They agreed to refund me £50 initially, but I have now asked for the remaining amount (given that I spent £984 and it can be purchased for £922).

I'm surprised you got it down to £890 - I spoke to about six different people and none of them would go lower than £984 two days ago...

Edit: Also, if I am not mistaken, that code is for employees? How did you get that :)
I read that the Dell Advantage Program is available to anyone so I tried to get a set of codes a few weeks ago, but my current employer wasn't signed up to their program. Decided to use an email address for a (more prominent) company I used to work for like five years ago and hey presto! Got sent a bunch of codes for 10% off. Got sent the 15% off code a couple days ago.

Sometimes you just gotta hit and hope!

Associate
I decided against it and just go for the F version of LG. There are few differences that I think is better in the long run.

Man of Honour
OP
Well now I'll get to find out whether the warranty on the Dell is better than I may have received with LG. Last night there was a loud bang and a flash from the monitor, followed by the electrics tripping in the house. The monitor decided to self destruct. I've put my original 12 year old Dell 3007 back for now (managing to scratch my desk - annoying but my own fault) and placed a service call with Dell this morning.

I called them this morning at around 09:35. I had a few minutes wait and got through to a US customer services agent. She took some details and I was put on hold for about 30 more seconds and passed to someone in Eastern Europe. After several minutes confirming the model, address, nature of problem, etc, he advised that he will open a service ticket and I would receive an email tomorrow with details on the swap and an ETA for the courier. They may swap the entire monitor or just the screen - he's not sure which at this stage.

Obviously it's disappointing that it failed so quickly, especially when my 12 year old Dell is still working. But I guess any product can be faulty and it's how the warranty is handled which is important. The process was easy and smooth so far but I'll keep this thread updated with progress so people can see how well (or not) Dell handle it.

Caporegime
Well now I'll get to find out whether the warranty on the Dell is better than I may have received with LG. Last night there was a loud bang and a flash from the monitor, followed by the electrics tripping in the house. The monitor decided to self destruct. I've put my original 12 year old Dell 3007 back for now (managing to scratch my desk - annoying but my own fault) and placed a service call with Dell this morning.

I called them this morning at around 09:35. I had a few minutes wait and got through to a US customer services agent. She took some details and I was put on hold for about 30 more seconds and passed to someone in Eastern Europe. After several minutes confirming the model, address, nature of problem, etc, he advised that he will open a service ticket and I would receive an email tomorrow with details on the swap and an ETA for the courier. They may swap the entire monitor or just the screen - he's not sure which at this stage.

Obviously it's disappointing that it failed so quickly, especially when my 12 year old Dell is still working. But I guess any product can be faulty and it's how the warranty is handled which is important. The process was easy and smooth so far but I'll keep this thread updated with progress so people can see how well (or not) Dell handle it.

Gees. Looking at these too so very interested in outcome

Back
Top Bottom