What does your wife/partner drive?

Associate
A 2014, pink Suzuki Alto. Great little car that will be driven until it conks out or she needs a bigger car.

I only have a 2017 Clio 1.5 and want something bigger but, the Clio is so cheap to run I plan to keep it another year.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Her first car still, a 2001 Yaris T Sport, we got 5 years ago to tide her over until she gained experience and some no claims bonus.

It's been utterly reliable and she still loves it. Best £1k spent ever.

Will likely get replaced by a 5 year old Swift Sport if and when it eventually dies!

Associate
Well my wife had her dads old 1l micra for 12 months after she passed her test then chopped that in for a 350z. She had one of those for 7 years and she’s currently driving our civic 1.8 while she waits for a new golf R to turn up in the next couple of weeks. But we both just use each other’s cars as needed. She finds my M5 big and isn’t that keen to drive it but she can and would if needed.

But I can’t complain about her taste in motors! Her car choice is always her own and she won’t buy something if I say so if she doesn’t like it. But we both take input from each other on car choices. If I really objected to something I don’t think she would buy it. Equally same is true of me - if she didn’t get on with my choice of car I wouldn’t buy it.

Soldato
depends on the day.

Daily is a Kuga diesel that hasnt been hoovered or washed for forever and smells of wet dog
also has a habit of stealing my jag unless i dont fuel it up and has a penchant for my Vivaro

Associate
2012 A1 TFSI, seems to like it well enough and does a lot of miles in it. Has been reliable over the almost 2 years she has owned it, but like all other cars she has owned it has been involved in an at fault crash in that time!!

Soldato
2015 Dacia Sandero Stepway. It's a plucky little motor! with Sat Nav and quite a few other extra bits.

This replaced our aged Vauxhall Zafira when the turbo went on it in November, my XC60 is now the family carrier if we all go out, if not Mrs and the Step kids all fit in the Dacia fine.

Associate
2016 BMW 120d Sport. Not a huge fan of the wheels and body on the Sport spec but it's super refined and reasonably quick in Sport Plus mode. The 2 things I cant get used to is the lack of brake feel at the top of the pedal and the steering doesn't really return to centre the same way compared to my last few cars.

Soldato
A 2012 Alfa Romeo Giulietta currently which she loves but it's likely I'll swap it for a 2015 ish Skoda Superb Estate or Mondeo Estate as we have another child on the way and could do with a bigger car for the work we are doing on our house.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
A 2012 Alfa Romeo Giulietta currently which she loves but it's likely I'll swap it for a 2015 ish Skoda Superb Estate or Mondeo Estate as we have another child on the way and could do with a bigger car for the work we are doing on our house.
Why those instead of a F10 or w212 estate (or something) out of interest peerzy? I guess you’d be more likely to use a mondeo or Skoda type car “properly” as a tip wagon if that’s it’s intended purpose with the house work?

Soldato
Why those instead of a F10 or w212 estate (or something) out of interest peerzy? I guess you’d be more likely to use a mondeo or Skoda type car “properly” as a tip wagon if that’s it’s intended purpose with the house work?

Partially tip car reasons so I won't feel bad destroying it and partially down to price. The Alfa won't be worth much (£3k-£4k) and an acceptable 2015 Mondeo Estate is probably only double that. I'd guess an F11 would be much more and my wife wouldn't really get much extra out of it compared with a Skoda / Ford.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Partially tip car reasons so I won't feel bad destroying it and partially down to price. The Alfa won't be worth much (£3k-£4k) and an acceptable 2015 Mondeo Estate is probably only double that. I'd guess an F11 would be much more and my wife wouldn't really get much extra out of it compared with a Skoda / Ford.
Fair, i loved our free vectra for that reason :) Totally smashed it up doing up the house.

Back
Top Bottom