Your Favourite FPS Gun Ever?

Associate
Hey, just reminiscing and wondering what everyone's favourite gun from an FPS has been over the years?

For me, I'm still in awe of Turok 2's Shredder shotgun after playing it in the recent PC remaster. The K-Volt from Crysis 3 also a stunner I'll never get tired of seeing and hearing. (I'll try and share a link or something for all to enjoy)

Blood's shotgun still amazing today too:

Whats your favourite all time FPS weapon?

Last edited:
Soldato
Unreal Tournament 1/2 Shock Rifle. Hugely satisfying when you got that combo in the right place.

The UT Redeemer was always a laugh, but easy to shoot down if you knew it was coming. Nothing like a nuke to make everyone panic.

UT's AvRIL against vehicles was great as you could shoot them blind and then pop up and laser paint your target so the missile would track back.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not so much a gun, but also from Turok 2.

The almighty Cerebral Bore:

Also loved the Stake Gun from Painkiller:

Honourable mention to the Unicorn gun from Red Faction Armageddon:

Skip to 20 or so seconds in for the last video.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unreal Tournament 1/2 Shock Rifle. Hugely satisfying when you got that combo in the right place.

The UT Reedeemer was always a laugh, but easy to shoot down if you knew it was coming. Nothing like a nuke to make everyone panic.

UT's AvRIL against vehicles was great as you could shoot them blind and then pop up and laser paint your target so the missile would track back.

Unreal online multi was still very active about a year ago.

Soldato
Bad Company 2: SVU with a 4x scope. This was an excellent makeshift DMR for a Recon on the front lines. From BF3 onwards, DMRs were officially included in the game, and were nerfed in the process.

Battlefield 3: USAS-12 with Slug Shells, Magnum Ammo, and 4x scope. This was just broken. IIRC it was a similar story in BC2 as well. A full-auto shotgun with no spread, no bullet drop, and high stopping power. I used to play Recon and hunt snipers all game.

Soldato
Bf2: L85A1

Absolutely lethal in single shot mode and a rhythmic trigger finger in close quarters, as well as being a pin ***** at range. Used to love it, rampaging through inf maps taking down G36E ers and rpk spammers.

Caporegime
Probably the flak cannon from Unreal. I loved shooting the Skaarj with that. :)

Other ones off the top of my head I really like are the shotgun from F.E.A.R., railgun from Quake II, and the AN-94 from Stalker (mod depending).

Back
Top Bottom