Finally, I get my day in court!

Soldato
So some of you may remember that on fathers day 2018 I was seriously injured at work by a group of 6 guys who'd been asked to leave their beer bottle outside of the Pub I was working at because it had been bought elsewhere. They attacked my colleague and then attacked me when I tried to defend him, he who then ran off and let me get my *** kicked. I had my leg broken in 12 places as a result of that attack. I spent almost 5 months in the Liverpool Royal confined to my bed for most of that, had surgery where they put in two metal plates and I'm told 18 pins. Spent over a week in post op intensive care where I believed I was going to die. I then had about another month stuck in a rehab centre, basically and old folks home where I finally got some decent physio.

Since then I've had one health problem after another, continuous swelling, continuous cellulitis & 4 Deep Vein Thrombosis scares. I am an in pain every day, though some are worse than others. My mobility is rubbish as my leg just doesn't work like it did. This coupled with the onset of type 2 diabetes because of my inactivity (now in remission) panic attacks and often crippling anxiety has made the past 19 or so months hell.

I know people have it far worse than me but my god I am angry! All of this while looking down the barrel of two more major operations, one to remove the metal work and the second so they can replace my knee.

I finally get my day in court tomorrow, I finally get to look the two **** houses they caught because of that stupid ****** beer bottle in their faces and try to get some justice.

I know they'll probably just get suspended sentences and community service but I'm going to do everything in my power tomorrow to make it as uncomfortable for them as I possibly can.

I hope they rot! I hope they get a couple of years in jail!!!

Sorry I just need to type all this out somewhere and here seemed as good a place as any. I'll keep you guys posted what happens when I get home if anyone is interested.

Caporegime
Hopefully they get several years in jail... unfortunately the UK justice system is pretty soft on violent criminals :(

Soldato
All the best with this, Vidar. I hope justice is served and these vicious ***** get what they deserve. Good luck.

Man of Honour
Surely that qualifies in law as GBH? Which, as far as I can tell from a quick read, should be at least a couple of years in jail. Quick summary here:

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Assault-definitive-guideline-Web.pdf

There's at least two sections of law that seem to me that they might apply - sections 18 and 20 of the relevant act - and several categories of each. But surely it must fall into one of them - an attack causing serious injury carried out with intent to cause serious injury. The archaic phrasing of the act technically allows for "a lifetime of penal servitude", but that was back in Victorian times. Probably not going to be sent to a penal colony nowadays.

Caporegime
I hope they get jail but I've always wondered why bouncers risk their lives for peanuts.

Dealing with low lives all the time it's a worse job than the police. At least they turn up after it's finished and then put as little effort in to doing anything unless you have everything they need including the culprits on a silver platter.

I met a guy who was attacked with a hammer for knocking someone back when he walked home after his shift.

It makes you think.

***quote removed***

Just no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sgarrista
Commissario
Well considering the extend of your injuries it has to fall under GBH, the question is, does the CPS want to push it "with intent" or not?

Either way let us know the result and I hope they throw several books at them.

Soldato
Good luck. It's a lot low of your colleague running off, what's that all about, I thought code of protect colleagues?

I'm not clued up on sentencing but I'd have thought they should get jail.

Associate
i remember the original thread sounds like section 18 reading that pdf angliion posted above, i know somebody who got bottled over the head repeatedly that was section 18 wounding , the scum bag who did it got 30 months i hope they get longer op.

Caporegime
I hope it brings some peace of mind. But realistically jail isn't going to do anything to the broader issues at play here.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Goodluck six on one is wrong, Will you be taking them up for compensation afterwards? They should pay for the costs i suspect this is a long term injury? Long term injury should automatically mean a long term of repayment by them to society.

What or how do you do that? Conviction in court first then a injury claim or civil case against them? How does it work?

Back
Top Bottom