Vegas

Associate
Definitely recommend GC, we hired some Dodge Chargers and drove the old route 66 to GC via Hoover dam etc. but this takes much more time (we spent 1 day / 2 nights in GC). We did a cycle route around the edge, and then had some beers sat on the edge as the sun set :) The helicopter route, as mentioned above, is also supposed to be great!

Personal highlight was the gun range, if you're interested in that sort of thing. We used a company called Shoot Las Vegas, who drove us out to a range in the desert (~45min drive) I've shot a fair bit in various places (indoor ranges elsewhere in the US, outdoor in Prague etc) but these guys were fantastic. Massive set of weapons to shoot / choose from, really helpful, happy with whatever as long as you're safe / not being stupid. Completely fine to full auto a whole AR mag down range and they also have boxes of mags ready to go, so just pick your gun and there's no waiting around. We also shot a Barrett .50 cal here, as well as stuff like the AWM. 100% recommend.

Small piece of advice for gambling, personally I found it better to use my allocated "gambling fund" on one session, rather than trying to stretch it over multiple sessions. I feel like you get a better experience overall, as you're at Blackjack (for example) for a decent amount of time; allowing you to get into the flow, get some drinks to the table, speak with the table staff etc.

Caporegime
Shuttles can take anywhere up to an hour depending on traffic and how many hotels they are dropping out

I used Lyft and it cost me $20 including the tip and it took 20 mins to drive to the Wynn Encore.

Caporegime
Ooh, just thought of another question, what is public transport like from the airport to the strip, or should I just book a shuttle for like £7.50?

Uber or lyft

Buffets are overrated. The portions there are massive as it is. I'd rather just get a meal from a decent restaurant than eat something that's been sitting there for a while and been sneezed on and had someone who hasnt washed their hand after going to the loo limbering over it.

There are free monorails to luxor, mandalay Bay. Otherwise just use lyft or uber or walk if it's nearby.

As for shows if there is a specific one book it in advance as on the day it might be sold out or have crap seats. Weekdays are a lot less busy than weekends so you could chance it on a weekday.

The place is overrated. Sure the hotels and their gardens are amazing but it stinks. Like the sewers can be smelt every 100 yards you go. Lots of homeless, people trying to scam you and hookers.

So it has its good and bad points.

The Mirage is on the strip so you can walk to most places. There is a lot of free entertainment inside places like caesars. Wynn is really nice inside. The place is massive 5 days is a good amount of time.

Grand canyon is like 300 miles away so you need a full day. To do it. So bare that in mind.

Otherwise they con you and take you to a place that looks like it but is smaller. And say that's it.

Caporegime
the smell of weed drowns it out these days ;)

not when I was there last year. I don't know if it was the heat but my god the place stinks outside here and there.

it is a bit of a fairytale type place. but dubai has basically ripped it all off. they have fountains over there and the weather, etc. they basically copied vegas when they built dubai. luxurious hotels, etc all over the top.

if i was to go again it would be for a stag or a fight. i would never go there with a partner. it's not really that type of place IMO.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The place is overrated.
Nah man, had the time of my life in Vegas. Spent over 10k and didn't even gamble. The clubs are badass! Pool parties in the day then clubs at night. Did VIP tables everywhere as was a bunch of lads, sat next to some man city and arsenal footballers, met an absolute hero of mine, Michael Jordan, after he silenced the entire club walking in. Even met Jermaine Dupri hahaha. Badman location!

Caporegime
Nah man, had the time of my life in Vegas. Spent over 10k and didn't even gamble. The clubs are badass! Pool parties in the day then clubs at night. Did VIP tables everywhere as was a bunch of lads, sat next to some man city and arsenal footballers, met an absolute hero of mine, Michael Jordan, after he silenced the entire club walking in. Even met Jermaine Dupri hahaha. Badman location!

clubs are badass anywhere these days, marrakesh, dubai, vancouver, etc. basically anywhere where a lot of higher end stags go.

the pool parties are something else. i met the las vegas knights cheerleaders as well as the only woman who can do some crossbow trickshot involving 8 crossbows or something after the show.

i don't know maybe it was all the hype. i'd like to have done a buy in poker tournie but i was with the wife so no chance of that.

Dj Esco was fantastic. Dj marshmello got booted from our hotel before we went. lost a very expensive residency. marilyn manson and cardi b were playing at the club at the hotel we were staying at. the sky bar was amazing.

ideally you want to go for 5 nights and stay 1 night in each hotel and just stay in the hotel for the day because there is so much to do at each one. so pick your top 5 and experience them fully.

Caporegime
Did GC via helicopter - landed in the Canyon and had a nice little champange lunch

No you didn't. See literally every thread where TW Fox has replied ;)

ideally you want to go for 5 nights and stay 1 night in each hotel and just stay in the hotel for the day because there is so much to do at each one. so pick your top 5 and experience them fully.

That could be a total faff, unless you've got a players card or are in a decent room/suite with a separate check in then the lines could be a gamble.

Soldato
going to struggle to get 3:2 at under $25 on strip these days :(

I went to El Cortez to get some 3 to 2, $5 minimum too. Got an Uber there and back for about $18.

3 zeros at Venetian now :eek:

well 0 , 00 and "S" so effectively 3

I saw triple zero in quite a few places. Absolute rip-off. Tables were packed with drunk fools though :p

NVP

NVP

Soldato
clubs are badass anywhere these days, marrakesh, dubai, vancouver, etc
No way I could do even half the things I did in vegas in marrakesh/dubai, Vancouver didn't have anything like the clubs in Vegas. One was so big it had its own 3 storey waterfall in ther middle of the venue(!)

Back
Top Bottom