I need a new

Associate
TV
I have a budget of £1500-1800
I would like 75"
I do not want LG (bad experience with a 3yr old 55" oled and screen burn)
I would like to use my local curry villa (never had any issues with them)
I need certain synology apps on the tv so needs android / google os (i think)

I am looking at samsung tvs but have no idea which one to choose, any help advice appreciated

Caporegime
TV
I have a budget of £1500-1800
I would like 75"
I do not want LG (bad experience with a 3yr old 55" oled and screen burn)
I would like to use my local curry villa (never had any issues with them)
I need certain synology apps on the tv so needs android / google os (i think)

I am looking at samsung tvs but have no idea which one to choose, any help advice appreciated

Budget is too small for anything other than a budget 75" which will be edge lit meaning horrible blooming, backlight bleed, etc.

One bad experience = tarnish a brand forever? You won't be able to afford a 75" OLED anyway as they are £10K. However LG LCD's are mainly IPS so probably not for you anyway but their OS and TV's are one of the best available. I wouldn't just disregard them because you don't understand how OLED works and it can be burnt through neglect or overuse of static images.

As for certain apps. I don't see why this should restric your tv choice. Just buy a third party device which does it for you. Like a nvidia shield, chromecast, raspberry pi. It's better to buy a decent tv and a third party device than a worse tv just so it has an app you need.

As for recommendations all you need to do is go to rtings.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-size/70-75-77-inch

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-size/65-inch

all the info you need is there. no point in asking on here or looking elsewhere. do your own research from the links provided.

Soldato
Yeah the video player on my LG tv is pretty good but I do run into files which don't play. A lot better than my old media box but my new android octo core plays those files the LG refuses

Back
Top Bottom